• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Sugesstions for a 60" EF 3D plane

dougb

50cc
Ya, most of my 60" EF choices are out of stock. No big, it's almost winter. I have a 48" EF Edge so wanted something other than the 60" Edge. Maybe the MXS will show up in time for a black friday sale?

I have a few aircraft to assemble plus a couple of foamies so I'm not in a big hurry.

Thanks for the info,
Doug B.

They have not done a Black Friday sale that I can remember. They did 10% off one year for Toledo, but the complaining drove Chris nuts when people missed it. 3DHS does one usually though.

I will keep pimping the 60" Laser as it is the best 60" I have gotten to fly. I admit I have not flown the 64 MXS, but I did have both in 48" and I have the 83" MXS. The Laser is a best of all worlds plane, where the Extra, MXS, and Edge favor one aspect more than the others do.

Maybe [MENTION=769]dth7[/MENTION] will get around to finishing his MXS so I can get a pull.

xlr8tion

50cc
Yeah Doug....

Someone is buying a MXS now..I went looking for ya on RCG and I found one 125 miles from home.....

Guess who is buying it...ME......I need intervention.

For 425 I could not resist...I don't even have the skills to FLY this LPU but for 425 I could not resist!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2256260

I am screwed boys! The wifey is going to snap as I am going to dtive by the airfield(usually fly on Sat) and drive 40 more miles and pick her up. The Vyoer came yesterday and the Sebart is coming Monday-see the divorce lawyer on Tuesday?

Another yellow AC!

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah Doug....

Someone is buying a MXS now..I went looking for ya on RCG and I found one 125 miles from home.....

Guess who is buying it...ME......I need intervention.

For 425 I could not resist...I don't even have the skills to FLY this LPU but for 425 I could not resist!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2256260

I am screwed boys! The wifey is going to snap as I am going to dtive by the airfield(usually fly on Sat) and drive 40 more miles and pick her up. The Vyoer came yesterday and the Sebart is coming Monday-see the divorce lawyer on Tuesday?

Another yellow AC!

Greg

Nice, the MXS was definitely one of my favorite 60" exps.... It tumbles like no other. My favorite config was sfg with no tips. Almost as stable as the edge that way.

Good power system setup. Make sure you inspect the servos for slop. The older 5245mg's didn't have as robust of a case design around the gear alignment pin, and they could wear out.

xlr8tion

50cc
Gary....

When you say slop...what exactly do you mean?

Anything else I should look for....He says 3 flights...zero flaws.....i have ti take my Dog crate w/me so I hope both fit in my big ass Mazda CX9

I am definitely selling the Sebart now.....woo...I have to find a place to stash this so she does not see it...LOL....Too many Aircraft and ARF boxes.

KMK on what to look for on an MUX you saw the pics the thread-425 is sorta top dollar? sorta sloppy open fuse shot.

Anyone know the Max dimension on the fuse-spinner to tail and width cowl and elevators? May have to stuff my Dutch Shepherd in a cat crate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001-SQEFXTU

Last edited by a moderator:

xlr8tion

50cc
According to Sussex models... 64 " MXS DISCONTINUED?

Thanks everyone for the input - the 64 MXS is at the top of my list now. Although the Yak might be really good for roller practice. ;)

This video helped convince me LOL

Doug B.

[video=youtube_share;CLdOuQd7ZMY]http://youtu.be/CLdOuQd7ZMY[/video]

Saw this on Sussex's site....
------------------------------------------------------------
Extreme Flight 64 MXS EXP ARF Discontinued
from Extreme Flight

Sport Electric

At long last the Extreme Flight RC 64 inch MXS-EXP is here!

The third release in this series, the MXS-EXP is destined to become a 3D legend!
The MXS is rock solid in slow, high alpha attitudes, while the ultra-aggressive pitch and yaw rates generated by the massive EXP style control surfaces provide for the most insane gyroscopic tumbling maneuvers you're likely to experience. Tone down your rates and the MXS-EXP will hang with the best when performing precision aerobatic figures.

The MXS-EXP is available in 2 beautiful Ultracote finishes with matching painted cowls, canopy/hatches and wheel pants over a jig-built interlocking laser cut structure that is light, robust and accurate. The carbon fiber wing tube, landing gear and tailwheel assembly are durable and lightweight and the dual ball link pushrod assemblies allow for precise control surface actuation.
If you are ready for the state-of-the-art in high performance aerobatic aircraft design and performance then the 64" MXS-EXP is the airframe for you!

---------------------------------------

That EF 60" Edge is all that is in stock in the ~60" size from EF currently.

ryan_m

100cc
To me, with my slow thumbs, they seemed to add a pinch of instability in high alpha; essentially the plane was easier to harrier without the tips on.

+1.
The SFG's were more my speed, no tips. I had probably 500-700 flights on mine that way and then sold the airframe. Flew a friends the other day who had just the tips, and it was very very different feeling. Not nearly as locked in and 'homey' feeling. Felt nothing like my old one.

I have played with the tip on my 76/83 and I have decided to not ever use them again. They add wing area, but reduce the roll authority a lot.