• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Sugesstions for a 60" EF 3D plane

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hahaha... I'm sorry for how you feel about the company at the field...

My point was that you can have the same effect as an arming switch on the plane with a switch on your transmitter. I don't see how the safety is materially different.

xlr8tion

50cc
Balsa or BUST!

balsa.jpg3Dnater...

Oh yeah...I understand what you mean. What they mean if you have no arming switch and you have radio on .by accident, and 3dnater advanced throttle AND the ESC does not catch it ...You are prop chop. I stopped the electric vs Gasser debates long ago...they get too heated.

Sadly..its not how I feel...Its how it is. OLD CURMUDGEONS and electrics seem not to mix here at our Club in SC. The only thing more hated than fixed wing electrics are HELIs.

They have a special part of our fiield for Helis and they totally get panicky if someone starts doing some 3D heli flying.

Our treasurer just sent this pic out..If you do this type of build...you are Da' Man. Fly like Joe Smith...errr...not so impressive.

They really get amped up when I bring my Traxxas VXL Stampede out on 4S and let my Dutch Shepherd chase it at 30 mph up and down the runway.

Yeah.....Its sorta a "blast from the past".

The other RC Club 40 miles away is totally diff..you can pack a lb of C4 in your ARF and blow it up in midflight as long as you let them know. Just different rules for different clubs.