• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Sugesstions for a 60" EF 3D plane

xlr8tion

50cc
"planning more of a pattern/precision flying style with it, along with an occasional hover/harrier mixed in? "

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they have a 150 oz servo that will fit the Vyper? BTW...I think this is a V1 Vyper.....not sure...FWIQ..not sure how to tell.

PS....Thanks to all you guys...I probably should have not bought that LPU MXS for 425 BNF with my budget constraints and I appreciate the help with the powerplant /esc/help...Just trying to tailor it to my flying style. Thanks.....

Off to the Dentist for a Root Canal...WOOO HOO!

Ciao...
Greg

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
BANG! Garry and 3DNAter you guys nailed it...Put wing on first....put talc on CF tube and it took some gentle and firm twisting but she went in and stayed flush...so I will gently dowel sand the L wing tube...Thanks guys....

Hey...How come its ok to run 5245s on the MXS (85oz at 6 v) yet t3eh vyper calls for crazy hi torque(over 200oz)? The MXS is a much more violent plane than the Vyper....Can you use the same torque servos on the Vyper or do they not have enough torque? I can get the 5585's for 55 a piece but they are double the torque and I think only run at 6 and 7.4..I will be running a Castle Edge 100 I have (NIP) or a ZTW and sell the castle. So I need internal BEC friendly and wallet friend Hitecs for the Vyper 65. Do I need 200 oz of torque on the Vyper 65? Why not on the MXS then? Same sized AC.

Thanks.......I took that weight off the tail it weighed 1 ox...What the?

BTW...This guy used a Deans Ultra Power Pole connector to the Airboss and gave me a Deans T adaptor....That is coming OFF! I am going to standardize all my larger planes to either Deans T or EC5's enough of all the connector madness on these different planes...

Cheers...Greg

I'm glad you are getting it sorted out!

The thing with servos is that they will probably survive the airframe so have a plan for the future. 5585s or 7955 can be used in bigger planes, where if you got 5665 ($40ish) they would not move to anything much bigger. I run 5565s in 3 different 3DHS planes (Velox, Slick, Edge) on HV, but this is as big as I would run those servos. Also running over powered servos mean that they will center better and in general will perform better.

In my servo testing the 5685MHs did very well, they are just a little on the slow side.

My first experience with the 5585s are in the Velox I bought of Gyro and I have all of three windy cold days with that plane. Nothing to complain about.

If you get 7955/7954s you will not go wrong and can use them up to 50cc.

SnowDog

"planning more of a pattern/precision flying style with it, along with an occasional hover/harrier mixed in? "

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they have a 150 oz servo that will fit the Vyper? BTW...I think this is a V1 Vyper.....not sure...FWIQ..not sure how to tell.

PS....Thanks to all you guys...I probably should have not bought that LPU MXS for 425 BNF with my budget constraints and I appreciate the help with the powerplant /esc/help...Just trying to tailor it to my flying style. Thanks.....

Off to the Dentist for a Root Canal...WOOO HOO!

Ciao...
Greg

You can tell the V1 vs V2 of the Vyper based on the color scheme...post a pic and I can tell you. I have a yellow V1 which I love.

xlr8tion

50cc
V1 or V2....A50 16s V3 or 4320

You can tell the V1 vs V2 of the Vyper based on the color scheme...post a pic and I can tell you. I have a yellow V1 which I love.

Dog...

Here's a pic of the Vyper.......Sorry about the orientation...Got her from Shannon at Only Fine Helis. What is the fundamental diff between the V1 and V2?

Snowing up there in IL yet...we are going to hit 32 in SC tonight!

Ciao!

Greg

PS...Can anyone quantify the power diff between a A50 16s V3 and the 4320 450 on a 6S pack with the same prop-wattage wise? I have the Hacker paid for already and a Castle100 Edge (nip)
Trying to decide whether to take the "RCG BEATDOWN" on the A50/EDGE 100 for a 4320/ZTW. The Hacker is PNP but obviously not the THRUST MONSTER the Motrolfly 4320 is.

Thanks! IMAG1374.jpg

xlr8tion

50cc
Enterprise;74721[B said:
]The thing with servos is that they will probably survive the airframe so have a plan for the future.[/B] 5585s or 7955 can be used in bigger planes, where if you got 5665 ($40ish) they would not move to anything much bigger. I run 5565s in 3 different 3DHS planes (Velox, Slick, Edge) on HV, but this is as big as I would run those servos. Also running over powered servos mean that they will center better and in general will perform better.

In my servo testing the 5685MHs did very well, they are just a little on the slow side.

My first experience with the 5585s are in the Velox I bought of Gyro and I have all of three windy cold days with that plane. Nothing to complain about.

If you get 7955/7954s you will not go wrong and can use them up to 50cc.

Err...I think Gary's suggestion of the 5585's are all I can afford and they far exceed 35HSs' low end suggestion of the HS-985MG.

I just was on 3dhs site and they suggest the A50 16s and the 100 Ice with the 7954's being the top end servo at 300-400 for 4.

I can get the 5585's for 220 for 4 shipped.

Thanks......Greg

PS....The Sebart 50E Sbach NIB setup will be here on Sat with the Hacker/Edge 100 w/programmer/ 2 5645's and 2 225's-the setup he was going to use to built the Sebart...225's on the same weight plane as the Vyper?

Last edited by a moderator:

xlr8tion

50cc
Enough Yellow Already!

mxs.jpgThanks Snowdog!

Here is the infamous EF 64" MXS-EXP that is banned from flight til I mount the arming switch.

I hear there were three versions of the MXS...is that so?

My flying buddy had one and said he sold it after two flights as he did not like the feel if it vs the EF EDGE 540T....FWIW..NADA.

xlr8tion

50cc
You could.....

Can't you satisfy people just as well with a throttle cut switch on your tx?

If your Club to which you were a member were not "anti-electric" and the Rules(enforced by a Safety Officer) require a arming (active) switch on all electrics as they "ARE SO DANGEROUS". The average age in our club, seriously, is 65+ They don't trust you or your ESC in case "you bump the throttle" with the battery is plugged in.

I am the youngest at 52 and these codgers had to have control lines pried out of their hands 10 years after transmitters hit the market.

It's pathetic as we have one member who claims to have three friends whose homes burned to the ground from Lipo fires:cursing:

Seriously....Then again our President is missing most of his middle finger due to a 50CC Aeroworks accident when his tie down let go on starting his Aiplane. That is why I do not mess with gassers or help with run ups as I do stay on the electric side of the Flight line. Me and one guy with a sweet PA KMX...Some of the guys really look down on ARFs and will tell you that is not "Real RC" unless you chisel it from a large block of balsa "Rodan style"

it's nuts....thats why I fly George Thoroughhood style-alone. These crank yankers could rain out a Macy's parade.

Last edited by a moderator: