• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Sugesstions for a 60" EF 3D plane

xlr8tion

50cc
One of the guys that built this on RCG chimed in that one of the back servos(rud or elev) needed to be low pro (20 mm) And the 3152 he's talking about is 80 bucks. So the SEB manual is really confusing me.

i use futaba s3152 servo.It is the stantard size but you need i servo low profile for the back of the model.although i put the s3152 after i made a patent.
i hope i helped you.

http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/futaba/s3152

Sorta conflicts with sebs statement of STANDARD or Low Profile and I thought the ailerons were the prob? DOH.....The response is sorta of confusing-" although i put the s3152 after i made a patent."

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to some of the things you are saying I might consider selling the Sebart and just getting the Vyper going and save the money for a 30cc next season. The Vyper is good at precision flying and mild 3D. Having owned so many planes, There is not much else that flies as good as 3DHS and EF below 30cc, except maybe PA.

xlr8tion

50cc
Enterprise....

Electric only for me. I will sell it if i can not find servos for under 40 a pop. OK then... what XO servo for the Vyper and please someone. Can you please find a XO servo that will fit the Sebart? And is too much torque a prob? I don''t want to order from XO or RW and not be able to return these if they do not fit.

I would sell the ARF/Hacker and ESC but there is big lowballing on RCG IMHO. My 3DHS EDGE 58" was up there for 250 New in DBL box and only one solid offer out of 200 views. And it is OOS at 3DHS and Esprit and a VERY POPULAR plane so the market is flat as people want to buy RTF at 60 cents on the dollar.

I like building...I just need help with finding the servos for the Seb......Can you help please or can anyone answer the question. I have asked in 3 forums over at RCG and one response-the one I post.

You guys are my only hope. Can I put a 200 oz.in servo in the Seb and I will even step down to analog if thats what it takes to get a fit. Unless you can name a sport aerobat that is not...Perhaps the XR52 ARF? I need a plane to transition into the Vyper as that will be built second. If you have electric suggestion that are in stock LMK. Bottom line need on Sport 3d and the Vyper....Man that Seb looks good bro for precision!

79 bucks is insane for a 8775MG from Hitec when the Vypers 5585MHs are 52...

Thanks and I hope someone can help as my Seb is arriving this weekend and i want to start the build but only with 40 dollar servos max.

Ciao....

gyro

GSN Contributor
You can always put a servo with a higher torque rating on your plane, just not one with less.

If you really want to go budget on the sebart, and save your money for some nice gear in the Vyper, then get these:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d770.html

Their speed/torque rating should work everywhere on the sebart, so just get how ever many you need. They are low profile, so they should fit in all the locations you have.

These servos work fine, I have used them on a few planes in the past. They won't stand up to long term abuse from heavy 3D; but you're not planning on that.

I have 2 of those servo I bought for a Pilot-RC Yak I tried to do on the cheap and they did not hold up well in my servo testing. They are probably good for 100 oz-in, but I would not expect any more out of them. I had them on elevator halves and as I am a pitch authority junkie, they were insufficient.

As you have discovered very people in the 3D world buy Sebart. I have probably only seen one actually flying in all my travels. I very much wanted a Ms. Wind before I got into 3D and I occasionally look at their new 50cc Sukhoi. In the end you probably need to just cut out the covering for the servo pockets and measure how much depth there is to use a standard servo. The Solar's have been my only experience to date with that size other than a retract servo.

Spend money on what you want and have fun in the hobby.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have 2 of those servo I bought for a Pilot-RC Yak I tried to do on the cheap and they did not hold up well in my servo testing. They are probably good for 100 oz-in, but I would not expect any more out of them. I had them on elevator halves and as I am a pitch authority junkie, they were insufficient.

As you have discovered very people in the 3D world buy Sebart. I have probably only seen one actually flying in all my travels. I very much wanted a Ms. Wind before I got into 3D and I occasionally look at their new 50cc Sukhoi. In the end you probably need to just cut out the covering for the servo pockets and measure how much depth there is to use a standard servo. The Solar's have been my only experience to date with that size other than a retract servo.

Spend money on what you want and have fun in the hobby.

Matt, for his use (sport/pattern) you don't think they'd work ok? It seems he wants this plane built cheap so he can invest in the Vyper.

If you went down to a 1" position and only expect maybe 30 degrees of throw, then yes they do work. PM me and I will ship you mine for cheap.

xlr8tion

50cc
Hey guys..:ecstatic: They are 115/130 and 160 at 4.8/6 and 7.4.....I need a 13T spline set and decent horns and hardware.

Emterprise...what's the dealio with the D770's...I read a few reviews and they center awesome and what probs did you see. PM me if they are new and wjat horns and hardware you would use(13T spline). Nothing more deadly than losing a servo! :veryshocked:

That is why I don't want to dump big cash into this Airplane as it will depreciate like a rock as soon as it is built

You guys have been super as I have been :deadhorse: with this.

Damn Silvestri!

No one wants a SEB as they are 399 wicked expensive. I got a good deal on the package so Gary is right I am going all in on the Vyper.

And I will probably eraser her when a Solar fails but hey.....I am used to the WALK OF SHAME:megaroll:

Your Idea to measure is great as if they are standard depth the price drops tremendously over lo pro servos.

Ciao...Greg

PS...I saw an alleged 12K 42% scale Carden Extra 330 C...the guy in our club also said three of his friends burned down their homes charging LIPOS.. What is the odds of that. He claims to be a big time IMAC pilot and flew that Carden badly. I called :bull: on the three Lipo fires of his friends and he got torqued and said us electric flyers don't have the money or skills to fly Large Scale..HeHe...all sorts in our Club!

I just looked and I have some 771s as well if you want a cheap servo setup. They are just not the specs HP claims. I actually liked the 772s, but there were used in a 50cc stick. The guy whom bought it from me had to tone down the linkages in that as the servos did not have the torque and those are actually small surfaces as there are 4 of them. They use 23 tooth splines (JR). They are different speeds so that is something to look out for using the 770 and 771 together.

Here is my post from last winter when I tested the servos.

"Update today. Patrick built a little better mouse trap and here is what we have from today. All of this on a 2s lipo unregulated through a AR8000. We tried the amp meter, but it affected the results. You can see how line loss affects servos.

5665 145 oz-in
5685 310 oz-in (we tripled checked it)
7955 335 oz-in
7950 580 oz-in
BLS-157 440 oz-in
Solar 770 85 oz-in
Solar 771 165 oz-in
Solar 772 260 oz-in"

I have been flying my electrics a lot more than my gas stuff in the last few months. Considering how much a 60cc electric costs, I don't think the gasser guys have room to talk about the money side of it. I was just at a event this past saturday with a bunch of jet guys, and other than the toy hauler RV guy, they were all gawking at my trailer which was primarily setup to support electrics with a huge charging ability.

SnowDog

I run the d771s in my 71 slick on 7.4v and they work great...you HAVE to run them at high voltage to get decent torque but when you do they are pretty good...they should be awesome on the Vyper...which I also have...running on power hd 1501s which are strong but slow.