• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40cc Twin

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
huh, you don't say....i posted to the classifieds to see if anyone has a good used one for sale. i'd buy either one at this point but thanks for the info. have plenty of room for either.
bart

Whidbey1

New to GSN!
IMG_0026[1].JPG
I have prototype jtec mufflers on my vvrc40, it is much deeper tone and a lot less noiseIMG_0026[1].JPG

Alky6

150cc
Have you had a chance to compare power to stock or sound level difference (measured)? They look good!

Alky6

150cc
I got the 2 into 1 header and pinacle can for Christmas. Installed it in my EF 78 Extra. Here are some pics of the install. Didn't take any dB readings, but I do have some rpm on ground in air. Two separate days but very similar atmospheric conditions. 20x8 Xoar Laminated. 6900 on ground and 8,000 in air (flying level) peak with stock muffs. With can set up, 7,100 and 8,600 rpm respectively. Required two blade widths richer on the high side. Moved the throttle servo around so it didn't get cooked by the header (less than an inch away). Still have to get my throttle curve worked out, but it is close. The throttle linkage shown is temporary and was for proof of concept. It is being replaced with a solid piece of 4-40 rod.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 503
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 312