• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40cc Twin

O

Ohio AV8TOR

So there has been a great thread going on this motor and hope to get it started here as well. The moment I saw the videos of this I knew I wanted one. I am building a 83" Extreme Flight MXS right now for it and hope to have it finished soon. I went with the smaller 1/4x32 plug for the compact fit and I am glad I did because it is now reported that this adds 200 rpms. Review in Fly RC magazine

HELLFIRE

30cc
Just bought one of these little gems for my 3DHS 74" Edge. Got to see a handful of these engines flying at the Wenatchee Huckefest!! I was very impressed! Can't wait to try it out first hand!!

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
This little twin rocks!

Our Edge prototype in this video has one of these, running great, very low vibration

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I was just getting ready to start a thread on this engine when I glanced at the recent posts and saw this! I have 1 in an AW 30cc freestyle 260. It's an awesome engine! Is Tim or Tom from VVRC here yet?

O

Ohio AV8TOR

So I could use some advice from those with more gas experience. I completed the engine install today for the VVRC40 on my Extreme Flight 83" MXS. I still need to do the baffling but right now I am concerned with exit air. This cowl has three large 1.79 dia. inlets. As you can see there is a raised tunnel on the bottom of the cowl with a rear exhaust. I am thinking of adding an additional deflector to the rear of this but this volume is just shy of 1X the inlet so it needs more air out.

I see three options. Cut an opening in the raised cowl tunnel. I don't like that as I think it will reduce the natural suction of this aft cowl tunnel. The other two options are cutting a outlet in the canister tunnel either front or aft, what would be best?

Thanks in advance.

1996=977-photo 1.jpg
1996=977-photo 1.jpg
1996=978-photo 2.jpg
1996=978-photo 2.jpg

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Flyingjon;1979 wrote: Is Tim or Tom from VVRC here yet?

SupaTim is registered here now.

I have about a dozen flights on my VVRC 40 powered H9 Super Cub and I am absolutely loving it so far! Next up is to install the floats and enjoy some lake flying!

Regards,

Astro