• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40cc Twin

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Astrohog;2052 wrote: SupaTim is registered here now.

I am so glad to hear that. I sent an in its to Tom too as he told me he was done at FG.

PatNjos

30cc
Islandflyer;1959 wrote: This little twin rocks!

Our Edge prototype in this video has one of these, running great, very low vibration
I want one, but with the 36% 540 single place yellow scheme. Pre order? Order special order???!

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Ohio AV8TOR;1996 wrote: So I could use some advice from those with more gas experience. I completed the engine install today for the VVRC40 on my Extreme Flight 83" MXS. I still need to do the baffling but right now I am concerned with exit air. This cowl has three large 1.79 dia. inlets. As you can see there is a raised tunnel on the bottom of the cowl with a rear exhaust. I am thinking of adding an additional deflector to the rear of this but this volume is just shy of 1X the inlet so it needs more air out.

I see three options. Cut an opening in the raised cowl tunnel. I don't like that as I think it will reduce the natural suction of this aft cowl tunnel. The other two options are cutting a outlet in the canister tunnel either front or aft, what would be best?

Thanks in advance.

On my EF 78 with this engine, I just opened up the back of the canister tunnel. Seems to work pretty good. It looks like the MXS might have a bit smaller opening in the front compared to the extra so a small baffle likely would be good. I did not bother with my Extra though and have not had any issues with the plane.

HELLFIRE

30cc
Ohio AV8TOR;15722 wrote: What props have you guys settled in on with the VVRC40?

I just maidened my 3DHS 74" Edge 540 with the VVRC 40 Twin yesterday and it was awesome. It was a little hard to start for the first time but I think I found the soultion because now I can start it on command. 1 or 2 flips. This little engine really needs to see some rpms when flipping. So what I do is put on a nice thick glove get the prop against compression which i have the prop timed to approx 2 oclock. Now just slap the prop through as if you were gonna bitch slap someone!!! lol seriously works for me. The extra speed gets this little thing to start very easy. Ok on to your question about props. I am running a Falcon Carbon 20x9 first start I was getting 7050 rpm and it was still really rich. I leaned the high a little and next run I was seeing 7350-7400 rpm on the ground and it was still rich but I left it there for break in. The prop was awesome for 3d great speed and pullout. We will see how this little engine wakes up once its broken in. So far I am extremely happy. Especially now I have found a way for me to easily start it!!

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Wow I am going to have to try and borrow a starter. I am shot trying to start mine for the first time (I have a back back so I can't stay at it that long) I cannot seem to get any gas to the carb. Choke full, throttle 1/4 to 1/2 and I tried flipping and bumping the prop both and nothing coming down the line. I even tried to prime the carb thinking it would help the compression. I don't think I overlooked anything but I thought I would I would reach out. My motor has sat for a while from when I received it till now so I am sure that is not helping.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Well looks like no spark either as I finally have gas to the carb but no pop so I tried removing one plug and when I place the magnet under the sensor no spark. My DA60 needed to be flipped but the REXCel should not right?