• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40cc Twin

Well as far as being too much I can't really say. Mine is in a 79" freestyle 260 at 11.5 lbs but yours is a scale plane and I would think it should be plenty. Mine is the SMALL 1/4-32 plug version an it measures 7-7/8" from cap to cap.

That thing must be ballistic!

BJ Swope

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
It is a little rocket! I can't wait till the new rings break in and really see what it can do. It is the best running engine I've owned. I don't have any DA or 3W to compare to though but I doubt they could put much over this little champ performance wise.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I've got a couple of questions for those that know about these lil twins. I have decided to convert my 96" Cessna over to gas and originally planned for a DLE 30. Maybe a bit much, but the 20 would probably not be too spectacular. On the other hand, a 40 twin would be really cool in the plane. It flew very well with the Saito 180 four stroke, (more than enough hp.) but just can't do the glow any longer. So here are my questions. First, Any of you out there that have experience with this motor, in your opinion... is the 40 a little much for the 96" 20lb. airframe? Second question, anyone have exact measurements plug to plug of these little guys? Any suggestions for a nice scale three blade prop?

Thanks everyone....
Rob I would drop a note to @SupaTim as he has a lot of experience. Sure pulls my 12.5 pound MXS nicely. I have positive reports of 15-16 pound. I think you would like the scale look of the twin too for your Cessna. BearBow on that blue site has used a couple of 3 blades and results are what you would expect not for 3D but may work for you.

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
h9 extra.jpg
im thinking of getting one of these for my dumpster find.

I rebuilt and covered a Hangar-9 27% extra 260.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I don't have experience with that particular plane but looking at the specs I would think it would do respectable. I don't know that you'll get off the wall vertical performance but I think it would fly it alright.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Hey guys this thread is getting lonely! I've been really tearing it up the last month or 2 with my AW freestyle 260 with a vv40 in it. I put a set of Bowman rings in it and it's getting good and broke in, and it throws the extra around like a ragdoll. Now I've got one question. Do any of you guys have problems with leaking compression out around the spark plugs? I had the cowl off to check mounting bolts and noticed that the one cylinder had a mess of oil around it. I pulled the plugs to check them and then cleaned/polished the copper washers with some 400 grit paper. I put them back in and it still leaks, so I ended up putting some high temp silicone on the washers to seal it off. Hoping this works.

Alky6

150cc
Sweet. Love mine on my EF78 Extra! Have it on the 2into 1 header and can. More power and quieter. Just a little heavier, but for IMAC, no problem.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
here is the side by side shot
Hey I'm seriously considering a set of these mufflers and wondering what your opinion of them is so far? Much quieter? How bout the tone? Major question is what about throttle linkage? Looks like bigger tubing and mine is already tight...

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I have a VVRC40 in my Pilot Extra 260 and it rocks, love the engine, smooth and getting better with each flight, only about 10 flights so far on it, just started her on some Stihl performance oil and it seems to have upped the revs by about 5%, allot cleaner too now she is off the mineral.