• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40cc Twin

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I'm running a falcon 20x9 on mine. I see 6950 on the ground, but in-flight telemetry is showing a max of about 8400. I'm not thrilled with the 20x9 though. I'd like something a bit slower, but Falcon doesn't have a 21x8 which I think would be perfect. I tried a 22x8 but it was too much prop.

Whoa! 21x8 sounds like a lot of prop! I'm liking the falcon 20x9. 20x8 had better spool up but it seems the 20x9 has a bit better pull.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
That's what I am looking for. The 20x8 is spooling up and ripping. Mine is on a cub so not as sleek as the aerobatic planes.

A 22x8 was definitely too much prop. I was tempted to cut down the 22x8 to a 21x8 or a 20.5 x 8 but I decided just to stick to my 20x9. Spool time is good and performance is good too, I just wish it gave slightly lower airspeed and slightly better pull.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Just saw that the VVRC 40cc Twin V2 is arriving Dec 1st. I guess the changes are that the MFGR is different for the crank shaft and cylinders, shortened the prop hub to accommodate more war bird models, spark plugs now are angled down, lightened up the components as well. Good Mods, curious to see how the reports come in!! Too bad it's taken so long to get the V2 now that DLE and RCGF are in the market... but maybe the mods will set it above the heard.