• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New Models

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
I don't think that is necessarily true... but from a business perspective, think this way: Extras, Edges, MXSR, SBach are all proven successful in 3D flying circles. So if you are going to bring a new model to market under your brand, why not choose an airframe that people associate with good performance? Then you don't have to fight the uphill battle convincing people to try a lesser known airframe design.

Who said people aren't developing airfoils, controls and shapes? I know from my multiple conversations with Tim that he did do this exact thing with the MXSR. I haven't asked him if he did this on their newer models, but he can comment on that.

i said absolutely nothing about tim or his company. i said some companies dont spend the time...i dont know what companies do and what dont, but im sure there are some that dont based on the similar airframes we see come out from 4 different companies, again not pointing out any specific companies.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
So much time and money goes into new designs. That's why I started this to get ideas. Just can't produce all the designs all at once. I really appropriate the input guys. More the better.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The MXSR we made extensive design changes. It was one of the earliest designs our factory made for us. they now know what we want so instead of 3 or 4 prototypes it is usually 1 or 2. But yes we do work on the designs carefully

prebres

New to GSN!
The care you take in design, Tim, shows on the finished product. The MXSR is a very neutral plane. It goes where you tell it to.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
1-1.jpg1-11.jpg

Ok guys, so here's what we are going with on the extras. Both 30cc and 50cc sizes!