• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New Models

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Holy Moly! Ours comes no where close to 20lbs all up weight! Please disregard that

We will have the specs up soon, but please note, currently there is not any other company that uses our factory or has our designs. Without "naming names" there was a company or 2 that used our factory and took what the factory designed while we would test ONE of the factories designs and test and make changes. Sometimes drastic sometimes subtle. So even then our planes were our planes. However, this is no longer the case. Said companies have moved to other factories. So our planes are going to be quite different from any others out there (and for the better I would say - we focus on lightweight while maintaining STRONG integrity in the firewall, landing gear main spar area that all hold the majority of stress in everyday flights. We have focused on our relationship with ONE factory for 5 years now to create the quality and consistency that we demand.

Anyway, sorry for the slight detour .... specs will be live soon but I wanted to confirm a couple things about our final revision before posting.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
PS Jake, I can't wait to see a video from you on this plane. Our China pilot is pretty good but you are MUCH crisper! The nice thing is, you can see how much it floats even in a "slightly better than average" pilots hands. He's better than me by a long shot! :)

im just trying to get some specs so I was guessing from what I saw, so will it be here when the slicks arrive in march

Last edited by a moderator:

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
It looks bigger than the Slick. But then again, we don't know the size of that pilot in the video.

Thanks Tim, I'm itching to fly. Yesterday and today I have really thought about going down. But a few early flights isn't worth tearing apart the field since all the snow melted so fast.

Random question, can does anyone know how to create planes on RF. Can they either give me a walk through or create a Redwing Slick and Extra?

Thanks,
Jake

SnowDog

It looks bigger than the Slick. But then again, we don't know the size of that pilot in the video.

Thanks Tim, I'm itching to fly. Yesterday and today I have really thought about going down. But a few early flights isn't worth tearing apart the field since all the snow melted so fast.

Random question, can does anyone know how to create planes on RF. Can they either give me a walk through or create a Redwing Slick and Extra?

Thanks,
Jake

There is a guy on this forum named Andy ([MENTION=1441]abaser[/MENTION]) who has created a number of models for Real Flight. Giving him a shout out to see if he's listening.

Also, don't forget to checkout the Real Flight thread on this forum where various models have been discussed!

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?244-RealFlight-6-Models

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Look up KEMax. It's a plug in for 3dsmax that lets you import models that you create there into rf. My buddy did the Stingray for CYE. He used Blender and 3dsmax for the modeling, did the textures in GIMP, and fine tuned the physics in the sim. Knife edge has tutorials on their website about modeling aircraft for RF.

Alternatively you could start with a model already in the sim and make a variant.

You could also have Tim contact knife edge about making Redwing aircraft that come with the sim. They do include aircraft in their updates.

Tailspin Terror

New to GSN!
If I remember correctly Redwing uses the Goldwing factory to build it's planes to Redwing's specs so I imagine the gear for the two models is the same.

gyro

GSN Contributor
If I remember correctly Redwing uses the Goldwing factory to build it's planes to Redwing's specs so I imagine the gear for the two models is the same.

During a phone call with me yesterday, Tim confirmed to me he is not using the goldwing factory.