• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New Models

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Things I would love to see that (I think) would sell. Profiles brought up to the light and floaty pro bro standards. A solid 20cc 3d plane would be just awesome. Why not toss scale right out the window? Make something based on pure performance? A really good floaty 3d plane with tons of wing area and just enough weight to provide the energy to get a couple rotations out of a pop top/turnaround. That may be the unicorn of air frames?

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
....why would you make what everyone else does? find something unique, and do it well. like a cap 232, a rud aero ra-2, texas hurricane, giles, or something else that you EF and 3dhs dont make. if you make one of the aircraft they already manufacture, it will either be constantly compared or be mistaken for one of theirs, neither of which is good

I think it would be cool to see some high wing 3d planes something like the Bigfoot of 3dhs but more sexy looking lol

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
....why would you make what everyone else does? find something unique, and do it well. like a cap 232, a rud aero ra-2, texas hurricane, giles, or something else that you EF and 3dhs dont make. if you make one of the aircraft they already manufacture, it will either be constantly compared or be mistaken for one of theirs, neither of which is good

+1

something that sets you apart and makes you one of the "big two". Everyone has an Extra as bread and butter but it seems your MXSR seems to have that role filled.

SnowDog

but you also have to provide an airframe that performs! ;) there is a reason that everyone sells an Extra and an Edge (and more recently) MXSRs and Slicks - they seem to be the best performing 3D maneuvers.

I think people underestimate the complexity of innovation in this field!

just a tip on the red deal on the 30cc planes.. the 18inch servo extensions are not long enought for the elevator servos, they need to be 24 inch extensions

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
+1

something that sets you apart and makes you one of the "big two". Everyone has an Extra as bread and butter but it seems your MXSR seems to have that role filled.

lots of mxs's out there, whether they are mxsr or not

but you also have to provide an airframe that performs! ;) there is a reason that everyone sells an Extra and an Edge (and more recently) MXSRs and Slicks - they seem to be the best performing 3D maneuvers.

I think people underestimate the complexity of innovation in this field!

airfoil packages and control surfaces are a huge part of airframe performance, change the shape of a fuse and a few other parts just requires some development...maybe some companies are less willing to submit time to fully develop airframe designs than others, i dont know.

gyro

GSN Contributor
lots of mxs's out there, whether they are mxsr or not
airfoil packages and control surfaces are a huge part of airframe performance, change the shape of a fuse and a few other parts just requires some development...maybe some companies are less willing to submit time to fully develop airframe designs than others, i dont know.

I don't think that is necessarily true... but from a business perspective, think this way: Extras, Edges, MXSR, SBach are all proven successful in 3D flying circles. So if you are going to bring a new model to market under your brand, why not choose an airframe that people associate with good performance? Then you don't have to fight the uphill battle convincing people to try a lesser known airframe design.

Who said people aren't developing airfoils, controls and shapes? I know from my multiple conversations with Tim that he did do this exact thing with the MXSR. I haven't asked him if he did this on their newer models, but he can comment on that.