• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

dribar

70cc twin V2
Nothing special. All thread with a nylon clevis connecting it to the choke. Covered in heat shrink and sticking straight down out the cowl. Extremely simple and effective.

No pics from inside unless I pull the cowl, but there's really nothing to look at. The shrink wrap keeps the cowl from chaffing and makes it easy to grab. This pic is with the choke off. Pull down for choke.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422575061.204267.jpg

Thanks Dan! Does that pose a problem getting the cowl on and off? I'm trying to figure out how you thread it into the hole while lining up the cylinder heads etc.

dribar

70cc twin V2
It's the last thing I do before the prop/spinner. So if I was taking the cowl off it would be prop/ spinner; choke wire; then slip the cowl off. That's why I went with a nylon clevis so I could pop in on and off easily. Kind of a throw back to the nitro days but it works. Assembling is just the opposite. I get the cowl on first then slip the choke wire thru the hole in the cowl from the inside, and connect the clevis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice on the choke wire. Worked great. In addition to the choke wire, I decided to make one other mod by converting the fake vent holes to functional and real. Took some time and patience, but they came out great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 299

dribar

70cc twin V2
Very nice! Check out these shots of my youngest cranking the fuel pump this afternoon. Yeah... He's two :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422839078.102278.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422839134.576425.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422839158.041092.jpg

dribar

70cc twin V2
My oldest is a jet pilot in the Air Force working towards f15s. I have a shot of him 20 yrs ago with a super Kaos 40!!!

dribar

70cc twin V2
Don't discount the Mejzlik 25x8evo. I ran that most of the season and preferred it over the Falcon which I also have. Both are good choices. If you want more speed than the 24x10TH is still tops.
FYI - I ordered a Mejzlik on Jan 12 and still haven't received it. Stuck in customs I understand. As a comparison, www.falconpropellers.com is a few hours drive from me and gets props in my hands in 1-2 days. Timing might be perfect to put the Mej on the 91" Extra.