• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I love tumbles! It's one that I can get the big 35% extra to do really really well. I'm always afraid though cause it's so violent and fast that I'm afraid I'm gonna rip off the tail section! Lol I check it all the time and so far so good!

Well, the snow has FINALLY broken here in Nashville. Taking the Yak out tomorrow for the first time in months! I will try this tumble that you speak of! Sounds like high speed, slight upline, right stick up and to the right, left stick down and left.

Wish me luck, will try to get some video (for better or worse) :rolleyes:

dribar

70cc twin V2
Well, the snow has FINALLY broken here in Nashville. Taking the Yak out tomorrow for the first time in months! I will try this tumble that you speak of! Sounds like high speed, slight upline, right stick up and to the right, left stick down and left.

Wish me luck, will try to get some video (for better or worse) :rolleyes:

Very excited for the outcome.

Dan, first off thanks for the stick instructions on the 'tumble'. This things tumbles like a beast! So much so that I threw one of the wheels off during mid flight. :veryshocked:My buddy Kevin said, "now how are you going to land"!

Since I had a full tank of fuel, I had time to think through a plan. Kevin said "you're going to have to harrier land it". Well, I've never harrier landed anything. Believe it or not, I pulled it off to the surprise of many onlookers. The carbon landing gear split up the middle but nothing a little thin CA and a clamp can't fit.

Things could have been MUCH worse!

Richard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 375

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
[MENTION=3523]NashVegas[/MENTION] Wow nice save. You're so right! It could have been so much worse!

Go out and get a lotto ticket!

dribar

70cc twin V2
I'm excited about your tumble and the new landing style :) can you tell me where your CG is? Behind the wing tube? I moved mine back a bit to see if my tumble sticks better.

Are you flying with SFGs installed or wingtips?

Let me know and congrats on the harrier landing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, newbie on this end but I will try to describe what I've done. I used 50lb test fishing line around the wing tube to balance the plane (fully assembled). Then, I moved the batteries forward and aft to balance. Keep in mind I have a Sullivan smoke pump installed immediately in front of the wing tube and two tanks up front (16oz smoke & 32oz fuel). Both were dry for balancing purposes.

Yesterday I flew with wing tips and sfg's.

Ps......if you don't own the 60" version, get one its a blast!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 382