• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

jk6672

30cc
Hey Rich, how do you like to Xoar over the Falcon? I'm glad to here you recovered from the loss of wheel. Do you have the wheel being chucked away on video?
I've kind of put my Yak on hold, I'm holding out for a Jeti radio and a CB200 before I maiden.
Doing some kitchen work ( re-wired kitchen for under counter outlets, lights, and backsplash) so I'm hoping I won't get any eveil stares when I do buy the Jeti.

Hey Rich, how do you like to Xoar over the Falcon? I'm glad to here you recovered from the loss of wheel. Do you have the wheel being chucked away on video?
I've kind of put my Yak on hold, I'm holding out for a Jeti radio and a CB200 before I maiden.
Doing some kitchen work ( re-wired kitchen for under counter outlets, lights, and backsplash) so I'm hoping I won't get any eveil stares when I do buy the Jeti.

Honestly I am a pretty new pilot and this is my first gas plane. Quite frankly I don't deserve this plane but jumped into the hobby with both feet and a check book. My buddies said I should name the plane "9 Lives" :ashamed:

I'm going to stick with the $30 props (Xoar) for a while until I learn how to fly. Breaking $90 CF props every other weekend just doesn't make sense for me considering my current skill level.

All of that said, I felt that the Falcon 25x8 was the best prop for a DA70 with twin pipes. Great speed, and great pull out of a hover. I put a tach on my Xoar 24x10 wood prop yesterday and got a reading of 6,850 RPM. Certainly had no problems with either speed or torque yesterday, it flew great!

jk6672

30cc
Cool. Hey, have you ever tried an EPP plane? I have a little hanger of Twisted Hobby's and even though they are small planes, they are extremely fun. To be honest, I feel they have helped me with 3D considerably. Because they are so durable they take the nervousness out of the equation and let you focus on learning a move rather than worry about the ground.

Yep, I have the Twisted Hobbies Crack Laser and love it. Just installed the light kit and it is a blast to fly at night.

jk6672

30cc
Cool. I just ordered the light kit the other day, and I ordered some LED strips from HK to make my own on the 39"

SnowDog

Again, newbie on this end but I will try to describe what I've done. I used 50lb test fishing line around the wing tube to balance the plane (fully assembled). Then, I moved the batteries forward and aft to balance. Keep in mind I have a Sullivan smoke pump installed immediately in front of the wing tube and two tanks up front (16oz smoke & 32oz fuel). Both were dry for balancing purposes.

Yesterday I flew with wing tips and sfg's.

Ps......if you don't own the 60" version, get one its a blast!

Those props look super cool on those planes!

Those props look super cool on those planes!

Thanks. I put an RPM meter on it this past weekend and got a reading of 6,850 on the white & red wood Xoar prop (24x10). Pulled the plane around just fine. I will eventually get another Falcon CF 25x8 but this works great for now. The Falcon provides better torque and is a bit quieter.

dribar

70cc twin V2
Had some great flights yesterday. The field was empty, sky blue and 80 degrees... Perfect day.

I moved one battery aft about 6 inches and replaced the wingtips with the SFGs and she came alive. Rock solid elevators to harries to hover. Could not have done that with the old setup.

Noticed that full elevator deflection makes everything very solid. Tumbles are great although still not as violent as the 48's but that's probably a "mass" thing.

Very happy with this plane.

dribar

70cc twin V2
The only pic I got...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426465255.102009.jpg