• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

dribar

70cc twin V2
Falcon 25 x 08 Wide Carbon – Gas
Great prop so far and (bonus) they are in Florida too.

Dude - yak was rockin!!!

Size deceiving Rav4

91" Yak, 64" MXS, and a go fast plane all comfortably fit in my daughters Rav4 :thumbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    926.7 KB · Views: 448

jk6672

30cc
I'm setting up my rudder and I have to set the rudder servo at 84% throw to max out the rudder travel. Any closer and I would be hitting the elevator. Should I bring the pull pull in further to raise the servo throw percentage? I would be loosing resolution at 84% wouldn't I?

16920882561_74e70e5a19_z.jpg

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
You are losing a little... but the tradeoff might be worth it for the speed you pick up. The only other concern is if you experience any blowback. A longer servo arm means less torque because of the increased moment. In short... fly it and see.

Dan, are you still planning a trip to Joe Nall? I will be there on Wed May 13th with the Yak and two buddies for the festivities.
Richard

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I'm setting up my rudder and I have to set the rudder servo at 84% throw to max out the rudder travel. Any closer and I would be hitting the elevator. Should I bring the pull pull in further to raise the servo throw percentage? I would be loosing resolution at 84% wouldn't I?

16920882561_74e70e5a19_z.jpg

I would move the cables in more. The closer you can get to 100% of the travel the better your resolution will be on the servo. You want to get that setup as mechanically perfect as possible to give you the best torque and resolution. If you're at 84% of the servos travel you're missing out on 16% of the servos resolution. Being that the 7950 is a high resolution servo, you're missing out on a decent chunk of its resolution. My recommendation is to re-adjust your cables and set your servo to 100% travel. This will give you the best torque and the full resolution available to you so your 3D flying will be as nutty as you want it to be :)

Last edited by a moderator:

dribar

70cc twin V2
Dan, are you still planning a trip to Joe Nall? I will be there on Wed May 13th with the Yak and two buddies for the festivities.
Richard

Nope - sorry dude. Some family matters came up so I need to wait another year. Have a blast for me and keep them out of the dirt!!

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Did anyone end up running a PTE 72 in the Yak or any frame for that matter, just wondering as i'm looking at engine options for my 3dhs 91 yak.