• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

dribar

70cc twin V2
You got me excited. I'd be sleeping in the truck with my Yak and will probably do a THU-SUN gig.
Exciting!!! Thanks for the words.

Finally got a break in the weather yesterday, so I took the Yaks out for a fly. Had an unfortunate roll off the runway when I landed and broke my new Falcon 25x8 prop when she bounced through the grass.:facepalm:

Other than that, they both flew great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 307

dribar

70cc twin V2
Oh crud!!!! I got in a couple of flights in Sunday. Met a guy who was new to an extra after years on the yak. Interesting conversation.

I've come to the conclusion that practicing iMac sequences is a lot safer flying [for me] just because I'm already planning my next maneuver. When I'm flying 3d there is a lot more seat-of-the-pants in the sequence.

Glad you had good flights.

Last edited by a moderator:
I practice both (3D and IMAC), and the IMAC will make you a better pilot. It is forcing me to learn the sticks, especially the rudder! I had a guy calling for me on Saturday, and it forces you to prepare for what's next. Good stuff. Im also getting more comfortable with the power of this DA70 and the throw of my elevator on high rates. This means I was able to do some pretty low pop tops on Saturday that I would have never tried a couple of months ago. Love this airframe!