• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

Noted.

I flew on the redwing 24x8 again today still getting used to the plane. It seemed solid but not spectacular. Will try the carbon falcon next week to see how it feels.. In the meantime I'll order a mejz to have on deck.

Plane is so solid and predictable. Amazing bird.

This airframe is so awesome, it's hard to hold it back. I've only been in this hobby for about 2 yrs so I still have a lot to learn. That said, I would lean toward believing that the 24x8 is a bit under propped for the DA70 on this plane.

You will really like the 25x8 and the 24x10.

dribar

70cc twin V2
This airframe is so awesome, it's hard to hold it back. I've only been in this hobby for about 2 yrs so I still have a lot to learn. That said, I would lean toward believing that the 24x8 is a bit under propped for the DA70 on this plane.

You will really like the 25x8 and the 24x10.

Funny thing is I only bought the 24x8 out of habit. You know, buy a DA-50/60 and a 24x8.

dribar

70cc twin V2
Flew the falcon CF 25x8 yesterday... Love it. Definitely got some speed out of it and the vertical climb is just fantastic.

I was flying in a 10kt cross wind and executed some rock solid elevators.... With no SFGs installed. No tip stalls... No wing wobble... Just perfect elevators.

The plane makes me look :)

Flew the falcon CF 25x8 yesterday... Love it. Definitely got some speed out of it and the vertical climb is just fantastic.

I was flying in a 10kt cross wind and executed some rock solid elevators.... With no SFGs installed. No tip stalls... No wing wobble... Just perfect elevators.

The plane makes me look :)

Awesome! Will you be attending Joe Nall in May?

I've got the time off... but haven't committed to it yet. You?

I put the cart before the proverbial horse! I registered and paid before knowing my schedule or request for time off so that I have to go :eek:

Plus I had so much fun last year, I can't imagine missing it !

Ps.......I bought my Yak from Chris Hinson during Joe Nall last year, so it's only appropriate that I bring it back to fly this year.

dribar

70cc twin V2
Ps.......I bought my Yak from Chris Hinson during Joe Nall last year, so it's only appropriate that I bring it back to fly this year.

Tell me something... Do you have to be able to do a rolling harrier at 10ft to fly at Nall or can regular guys fly there too? I know you guys are all rock stars but what about office guys???

Tell me something... Do you have to be able to do a rolling harrier at 10ft to fly at Nall or can regular guys fly there too? I know you guys are all rock stars but what about office guys???

Ha! I'm a corporate stiff who plays with planes on the weekend. I've only been flying for a little over a year. This Yak is my second balsa plane, and I would never even attempt a rolling harrier :p There is a reason the only video i have posted is of someone else flying my plane. That said, I'm getting better :eek:

Last year I had the opportunity to buy my Yak directly from Chris, and paid for it on his iPhone. I stood 10 feet away from Jase Dussia while he performed during the noon demo, and his night flight on the 3D line. I stayed in my RV with some great friends, and had a total blast. I loved the whole experience, and will certainly go back this year. I will fly my planes, but it won't be spectacular, hopefully!!!

The highlight (or lowlight) of our trip last year was when I mistakenly flew my float plane into the side of a truck. My friends still don't let me forget about that one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS4tEyvDeDA&sns=em

In summary, bring your plane and fly it!! It would be cool to have a couple of Russian Thunder schemes on the flight line!
Richard