• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EME70 Twin

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I know I put bowman rings in my EME120 and it was a little monster after just a dozen or two flights. I think I'll give this the benefit of the doubt and run it a bit. I'm using Redline so if I decide to add bowmans later the ring landing will not be all carboned up at least.

ryan_m

100cc
Finally got a flight on mine today on my Edge. At about 20lb. the performance seems a bit anemic. I know it's a hair rich on the low but it did not burble or anything during the flight. It was only 43 degrees outside so it never even got warm. I remember when I had my first two gallons through my DA70 I was not completely impressed either so as soon as it warms up I'm going to fly the piss out of this thing and see if it wakes up.

I should add that with my baffling the engine fins were only warm to the touch after landing. If I could get the engine to warm up to actual operating temp I'm guessing it would loosen up a bit more.

What prop are you running, and do you know how many rpm's you were getting?
I'm turning a Falcon 24x9 on mine at about 6750 rpm. It was only 6500 on the first few runs. Have about a gallon through it now, and it's starting and running better. Mine was lean right out of the box, which made it hard to start, and it wound up overheating as well. Richened up the top end a bit and it runs much better now. Also had to baffle mine, on the 3dhs 91" yak 55 I have it on the motor was overheating even in 45-50 degree temps, shut down once, but that was when it was lean too. I richened it up, and also have it baffled now on the front of cylinders at least, and it's better, but my temps are at the top end of the acceptable range. I mounted a telemetry sensor on the back/top of one of the cylinders and I'm seeing 320 degree temps up there in spins and hovers and such. Might need to richen up a bit more even, but I'll pull the plugs first and determine based on that. Definitely want to baffle the back of the motor as well.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I can't get a stitch over 6600 on the ground. Getting average of 65xx steady. I know my DA70's didn't wake up until they got some gas through them either. I'm running the 24x9. Really digging the 25x8W on my DA70's but this would not have the kahunas for that yet. I started mine as it came and was crazy lean. Set needles according to the manual and it runs like a watch and super smooth. I baffled the crap out of it and it was barely warm after landing with 43 degrees outside.

Grade me on a curve, first time flying anything for four months:dancing-poop:. Maiden needs expo adjustment, KE mixing and some rates adjustment.

_DSC0130.JPG

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Enjoyed the vid @Terryscustom What I have seen with the DA 70 on smooth pipes I bet similar performance would be seen with the EME. I know they can be cost prohibitive "to many"( pipes) but if looked at a "combo" value "DA+SP" vs "EME+SP" I think EME would be a no brainer for cost conscious modeling with top notch performance. Just don't know if you could stuff em in the EF Edge. I pulled the trigger on the Yak 55m for the DA 70 but will be trying the 2n1 canister. Hope to turn the Falcon 25x8W from the start.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Could be interesting for sure. I've flow (never owned) several planes with pipes and honestly never cared for them. However, I know Planebender knows his crap and I've never flown something with smooth pipes. I'd be interested to see this combo if it outdoes the DA and does it with a smooth transition.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I removed 6.5oz by re-calculating the CG, removing the battery tray, changing from A123's to LiFe batteries (same mah). I also added in some mixing and rates so my snaps don't look like a monkey http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/smilies/205.gif a football.

_DSC0056.JPG

That two piece cowl sure does look good.. wish this one was a two piece.. but im not taking the chance screwing it up