• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EME70 Twin

gyro

GSN Contributor
If you guys do not mind me asking...What's so curious about the EME??? Or any other China motor that has become popular? I had a MLD 70 and a friend traded for it with out hesitation because it "fit his need". Only reason I traded was for the way the plugs are angled and the prop drive's are drilled at a different center than DA, DLE and EME.

Well for one, I had an eme 60 that ran well for me, but once Ryan got it, it had some issues. Others reported issues with their 60's as well, so I'm a little apprehensive.

Also, I don't like to beta test anymore. I've got no problems buying a newer product, but I really don't want to be one of the first anymore... Would rather let a few of the kinks get worked out first.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well for one, I had an eme 60 that ran well for me, but once Ryan got it, it had some issues. Others reported issues with their 60's as well, so I'm a little apprehensive.

Also, I don't like to beta test anymore. I've got no problems buying a newer product, but I really don't want to be one of the first anymore... Would rather let a few of the kinks get worked out first.

Most certainly understand. But I really do not think you or me or any one else will be dissatisfied from a quality stand point. There is really good customer support with the line and IMHO they are right up there with DLE. I would recommend an EME just like a DLE. GP does have the edge but I know for a fact their prices are going higher because the owner told me. I am guessing it is going to be MSR who is going to manufacture their cylinders for v2 61's and v3 123's. They do not offer up a 70 twin however.

Last edited:

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
I have a friend who is contemplating a 70 size engine.
Who sells EME, and is there service/warranty available?

Thanks
Bob

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Hey Donnie how ya doin?

Doing well Gary, how bout yourself?

BTW fellas I'm a happy EME user, got a 55, and a 60, both running strong. Several other EME's in my club also, only issue I've seen is one of the 35's giving fella tuning trouble.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Doing well Gary, how bout yourself?

BTW fellas I'm a happy EME user, got a 55, and a 60, both running strong. Several other EME's in my club also, only issue I've seen is one of the 35's giving fella tuning trouble.

Hanging in there... Super busy but that's life I guess. want to see the vinyl I made you for your plane, throw a pic up sometime :)

For the record, I was very happy with my EME60 when I had it. Spun either a 24x8 or 23x10 with authority! Which is more than I can say for the DLE61 I had :)