• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EME70 Twin

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Mike at Mile High has some vid of the proto. I am expecting the 70 to have a very long service life with the ceramic coated cylinder but believe heat retention (not necessarily an issue) and dissipation will be different than nickasil. I am wondering if any oil frying off will deposit and coat the cylinder excessively. As far as performance I have read it pretty much will swing a 24x10 above 6500 which is most satisfactory for what I would want.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Mike at Mile High has some vid of the proto. I am expecting the 70 to have a very long service life with the ceramic coated cylinder but believe heat retention (not necessarily an issue) and dissipation will be different than nickasil. I am wondering if any oil frying off will deposit and coat the cylinder excessively. As far as performance I have read it pretty much will swing a 24x10 above 6500 which is most satisfactory for what I would want.

I flew the 24x10 on two different DA70's of mine and did not like it (the prop). Fling in IMAC and general flying around was good but on the deck, rudder in the rhubarb it felt like the plane weighed 4-5 lbs. more.

I like the 25x8W on the DA70. I bought a 24x9 Falcon Carbon to try on the EME70 because I just don't have that high of expectations for it and if I can get DA60 performance without the vibration and crappy single sound......I'll be happy.

Not bad for a paint stick cheap wood prop in that last video, but 10 pitch anything will be crap for 3D. Ill say it once, and say it a thousand times......ground RPM's mean nothing.....it's thrust on the deck and spool up for 3D. RPM's plus 750 maybe tell you what it does if you fly full throttle circles.

Last edited:
I flew the 24x10 on two different DA70's of mine and did not like it (the prop). Fling in IMAC and general flying around was good but on the deck, rudder in the rhubarb it felt like the plane weighed 4-5 lbs. more.

I like the 25x8W on the DA70. I bought a 24x9 Falcon Carbon to try on the EME70 because I just don't have that high of expectations for it and if I can get DA60 performance without the vibration and crappy single sound......I'll be happy.

Not bad for a paint stick cheap wood prop in that last video, but 10 pitch anything will be crap for 3D. Ill say it once, and say it a thousand times......ground RPM's mean nothing.....it's thrust on the deck and spool up for 3D. RPM's plus 750 maybe tell you what it does if you fly full throttle circles.

But if you have a da70 and a eme70 with identical props and 1 has 500 more rpm, wouldn't that indicate which engine has more power/ft lbs of torque when with that specific prop. Therefore perform better?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Depends on who you ask. Look at it this way. Do you fly at full throttle all the time?? That is the only place you will notice that difference. Divide that 500 RPM difference by the total RPM for each engine.....difference is a small percentage.

That is why I always say prop for performance you want. I like spool up and thrust.....you maybe like speed. Kinda goes back to building cars. Same engine in same three cars but one has 4:10 gears, one has 3:55 gears and one has stock factory 3:83 gears. One stomps it off the line and one kills the top end speed and the middle one buy's the beer. Kills me when people prop for the final few hundred RPM they can get on the top end (especially when it comes to some little 30cc china engine).