• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EME70 Twin

emtp275

100cc
Well the thing runs like a watch, since we have nothing but cold in the forecast I may order up some bowman rings for it. Had really good luck with them in my EME120
Yea I would have to do the same I have a DLE 61 I was going to just be patient and just run fuel thew it and wait for it to come alive but after about 4 gal and getting bored this winter i decided I was done waiting and put a ring in it after 45min run time i gained 400rpm and a ton of compression so after this and the difference one made in my 30 Ill not go with out on a lower end motor any way.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yea I would have to do the same I have a DLE 61 I was going to just be patient and just run fuel thew it and wait for it to come alive but after about 4 gal and getting bored this winter i decided I was done waiting and put a ring in it after 45min run time i gained 400rpm and a ton of compression so after this and the difference one made in my 30 Ill not go with out on a lower end motor any way.

Dang, I forgot I have a 61 in a PAU Sukhoi. I should order a ring for that as well!! You do raise a good point though, the 61 has really woke up towards Winter. That gives me even more eager outlook for the EME70.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
$31.94 shipped seems like a fair investment. I'll put them in and measure ring gap before and after with a couple of pics to help any of the rest of you decide. Only other thing I've thought of is the carb.....seems a little smaller than the one on the DA70. I'm sure it's adequate, but just wish I knew more about options for carbs. This one looks like it's right off a 50cc, any thoughts on this?

Both the DA70 and EME70 use a Walbro HDA series carb which is a slightly larger framed carb than the WT series used on most 55 and smaller engines. The HDA series is also used on most 60 class singles though a few use the WT series. I'm not sure if there is a venturi size difference between the DA70 and EME 70 th0ugh. The 100 / 120 engines usually use the larger WJ series and usually the WJ71 is the carb of choice for most companies.

emtp275

100cc
You are correct @Truckracer I just looked again and compared the DA70 and EME70 and they do look the same now that I look closer. I had a DLE55 carb here and it is noticeably smaller now that I look closer. So, rings and giver 'er hell it is.
Ok I know this is coming from my EME 55 But I have had an issue with a fuel leak, I have a small spray into the motor box and a drip that is obvious when the cowl is pulled. I attempted to fix this today I changed the gaskets with a new kit also changed the fuel meter needle and diaphragm, I know that a bad reed valve seat can cause the spray so i decided to check the reeds, I know they clam to have fixed the issues found in other motors in this area but the block was just as rough as any DLE I have resurfaced, I also noticed that they didn't screw the reeds down to the block like any normal two stroke they only rely on a formed rubber band to hold them, This I did not like the idea of. Now I may be wrong in thinking this is a bad design and if so by all means some one correct me but its obviously not the normal set up.
image(1).jpeg
image(2).jpeg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
DA does not screw reeds in place either. Not doubting you may have a leak, but I have never run a single cylinder engine with a rear carb without a velocity stack on the carb. This helps curb fuel spray that is pretty common.

emtp275

100cc
DA does not screw reeds in place either. Not doubting you may have a leak, but I have never run a single cylinder engine with a rear carb without a velocity stack on the carb. This helps curb fuel spray that is pretty common.
Well that is some comfort lol, I found that and my jaw dropped, But I know how my DLE's are and how any two stroke bike or boat I have had were set up, I did play with the thought of a velocity stack though I figured it would help with the spray plus I have red standoffs servo mount arms and screws coming and i figured hell why not one more thing i can add some flair to

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just my 2 cents. By using just a formed rubber gasket that doubles for a "floating" retainer the reed petals stand a better chance to open and close with out causing fatigue to the reed petal and thusly breaking. Also reduces tension so the petals more easily open and close with crank case pulses. I see a down side that if the rubber gasket gets deformed or damaged in any way issues will appear. I knew my EME 60 reeds were done this way and elected not to disturb them when I made the repair videos for the crank and rod.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Well that is some comfort lol, I found that and my jaw dropped, But I know how my DLE's are and how any two stroke bike or boat I have had were set up, I did play with the thought of a velocity stack though I figured it would help with the spray plus I have red standoffs servo mount arms and screws coming and i figured hell why not one more thing i can add some flair to
BLING it up ya wannaBE:lol2: