• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EME70 Twin

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Got four 14 minute flights on my 70 today with bowman ring. No measurable difference yet. Pretty much typical 60cc power to report as of now. I did not take any rpm readings today.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Three more 14 minute flights one one 16 minute flight today. After 16 minutes of flying like i absolutely hated it I heard a burble and landed, taxied up and pulled the canopy.....not a single drop of fuel in the tank and just a little in the line.:dancing-poop:

Flying gently with the 70 on a 32oz tank you could probably fly for a half hour, I was seriously ringing the hell out of it. On the second to last flight I could tell that the vertical was getting better, the pull-out from hover was not anemic anymore and I can get two full rotations out of pop tops now.

The engine has not coughed, burped and stuttered at all, just smooth and steady with quick spool up. Looking forward to another gallon through it and I'll get some RPM numbers.

Sarlacc

50cc
Three more 14 minute flights one one 16 minute flight today. After 16 minutes of flying like i absolutely hated it I heard a burble and landed, taxied up and pulled the canopy.....not a single drop of fuel in the tank and just a little in the line.:dancing-poop:

Flying gently with the 70 on a 32oz tank you could probably fly for a half hour, I was seriously ringing the hell out of it. On the second to last flight I could tell that the vertical was getting better, the pull-out from hover was not anemic anymore and I can get two full rotations out of pop tops now.

The engine has not coughed, burped and stuttered at all, just smooth and steady with quick spool up. Looking forward to another gallon through it and I'll get some RPM numbers.

So, it sucked down 32 ounces in 16 minutes? I was considering one, but I don't know if I want to lug around that much weight in my 30 percenter. What airframe are you flying?

Also, my experience with no engines have not been a joy ride. I like to sit on the back row and yell "told you so" after the other guy cusses for 30 minutes. This bit me in the arse after I tried a VVRC 40cc, it was a dirty whore to start, and it flamed out on me twice at the wrong time.
I haven't trolled all the forums, but what is the general consensus? I have a decision to make in the next few weeks, I don't have DA money, but I do have enough for one of these guys, I just don't want to get burned again.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
VVRC 40's had a problem with head alignment in the first batch and it was fixed. Mine ran like a champ but I don't care for that size plane much and sold it. The EME70 has been great......if you saw how I was flying for 16 minutes you would understand why it sucked down 32oz. I was trying my best to turn the Extreme Flight Edge inside out with lots of full throttle up-lines, full throttle rolling loops, high speed passes with pop tops, full throttle KE spins, etc. The weight of the gas is not an issue, you could easily get by with a 16 ounce tank and a 10 minute timer for normal flying.

As an example, both my DA70's were thirsty little bastards and sucked down over 16 oz. in 10 minutes and after two gallons I have my timer set for 17 minutes on a 32oz tank and land with almost 1/4 tank in reserve even flying pretty hard.

Definately recommend the bowman rings, stock carb is working well and this starts perfectly every time. Runs like an old DA100 at first start up, need to let it warm up for 30-40 seconds before it transitions well and you are good to go.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I've heard from two people now that a pipe on the 70 with the DLE headers is not recommended. Anyone interested in my engine, let me know. I need a few more ponies for how I like to fly my EF Edge:
I'll kick it around, but If anyone is interested in a slightly used EME70 with bowman rings, maybe 40 flights with Redline 40:1. I would sell it for $475 shipped in US. PM me if interested.