• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Yup. The CG right now is just a little bit behind the spar, with the battery pack right up in the front. Should fly fine, though. I'll measure it to make sure, though.

Edit: Oh, OK. I'll put a quarter or two on the front of the battery ;) :D

:)

Dan

njswede

150cc
Yup. The CG right now is just a little bit behind the spar, with the battery pack right up in the front. Should fly fine, though. I'll measure it to make sure, though.

Edit: Oh, OK. I'll put a quarter or two on the front of the battery ;) :D

Dan

Good! I can't stress it enough: You do NOT want to fly the 41" Edge tail heavy!

Other than that, she looks great! Best of luck to you. Looks like Saturday is going to be nice in our area. Ready for the maiden?

-DJO

70cc twin V2
I've already maidened it.. months ago... this will be the second maiden. Should go fine. Take off from the parking lot probably, or out of my hand... then get over the fence and out onto the field. I don't think the wheels are large enough to take off on grass, but it is worth a shot. If there's lots of snow that's frozen... then I can definitely take off easily :p :D

Tomorrow I'll tape on 2-4 quarters on the front of the battery. If I push the battery up real far I can get the CG right on the spar, so 1 or 2 quarters or nickels should get it at or in front of the spar.

Thanks and thanks for the luck too! I'll be flying on low rates to start, I think I set all surfaces up for around 60% throw as low rates.

DX6i timer is at 6 minutes... then I'll land and check the battery!

Dan

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Of course you can... We don't play that game here. Dan was referring to "the other site", so I think Pontus was replying in kind.
I understand, which is why I post more on this site. It is much more laid back and it doesn't feel like someone is watching over your shoulder while you are making posts. :scaredchair:

On a lighter note, I feel like I should see more Savox/MKS servos in planes over Hitec or Futaba. I have the Savox 1257TG's in my Edge and the MKS DS530's in my EPP 41" Edge. I have been running the 1257s on 7.4v for at least 200 flights (on my old 71" slick) and they are PLENTY fast and strong enough. Plus their HV brushless servos are really reasonable on price, and actually have BETTER specs than the HV brushless Futaba servos. For example:

Savox 2274SG $124.99
Speed(@7.4V sec/60): .08
Torque(@7.4V oz-in): 347.2

Savox 2271SG $124.99
Speed(@7.4v sec/60): .065
Torque(@7.4v oz-in): 277.0

MKS HV-787 $99.99
Speed(@7.4v sec/60): .033
Torque(@7.4v oz-in): 117.2

Futaba BLS-255HV $159.99
Speed(@7.4v sec/60): .08
Torque(@7.4v oz-in): 166.7

Hitec 7940TH $119.99
Speed(@7.4v sec/60): .06
Torque(@7.4v oz-in): 222.0

Ok, I'm done. Plus Savox just came out with a new line of motors :cool: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
On a lighter note, I feel like I should see more Savox/MKS servos in planes over Hitec or Futaba. I have the Savox 1257TG's in my Edge and the MKS DS530's in my EPP 41" Edge. I have been running the 1257s on 7.4v for at least 200 flights (on my old 71" slick) and they are PLENTY fast and strong enough. Plus their HV brushless servos are really reasonable on price, and actually have BETTER specs than the HV brushless Futaba servos. For example:

Ok, I'm done. Plus Savox just came out with a new line of motors :cool: :D

Amen... I've got the 1258TGs in my 74" Edge and they border on ridiculously fast.

And for even more over the top goodness, I've got 1267MGs in my 70" Velox. Who says a 9 lb plane doesn't need 291 oz-in of torque?!?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Amen... I've got the 1258TGs in my 74" Edge and they border on ridiculously fast.

And for even more over the top goodness, I've got 1267MGs in my 70" Velox. Who says a 9 lb plane doesn't need 291 oz-in of torque?!?

I think we'll see more from Savox in the future. They've begun their involvement on this forum, and are watching closely to see if there is good market for them in the 3D community.
They definitely want to make the jump from the Cars and Helis where they're doing well already.

wamsy55

50cc
I understand, which is why I post more on this site. It is much more laid back and it doesn't feel like someone is watching over your shoulder while you are making posts. :scaredchair:

Savox 2274SG $124.99
Speed(@7.4V sec/60): .08
Torque(@7.4V oz-in): 347.2

Savox 2271SG $124.99
Speed(@7.4v sec/60): .065
Torque(@7.4v oz-in): 277.0

MKS HV-787 $99.99
Speed(@7.4v sec/60): .033
Torque(@7.4v oz-in): 117.2

Futaba BLS-255HV $159.99
Speed(@7.4v sec/60): .08
Torque(@7.4v oz-in): 166.7