• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
None of that 58 Edge action, but I might get the foam Yak fired back up. New firewall needs installed, but the installer needs motivation... :)

Look into my eyes...
Count backwards form 10....
You're sleepy...

You're motivated!

Wake up!!

Go fix your airplane!

quadracer

100cc
Nah, I'm pretty well glued to the couch at this point. I was blasted from my sleep at 0200, by my wife's 20 lb cat trying to fly. He was jumping halfway up the window beside our bed, smacking the glass. After I jumped up so fast I damn near hit my head on the ceiling, I figured out what the ruckus was. A possum was sitting in the window sill outside, and I guess the cat figured for some reason he had a chance at winning the fight... Good thing for him, there was glass between them.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Finally got my kids to bed. Long night for being a parent... Both kids were difficult.
Now... Time to put some servos and an engine on my 106!

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I know this has been talked about before, but who has experience with the Glacier LiPo? specifically how does the 4s 4000's compare to the Gens Ace of the same size?

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
I know this has been talked about before, but who has experience with the Glacier LiPo? specifically how does the 4s 4000's compare to the Gens Ace of the same size?

I'm pretty sure they are the same as the Gens Ace 30c batteries, at least they look EXACTLY alike. Besides the label of course :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm pretty sure they are the same as the Gens Ace 30c batteries, at least they look EXACTLY alike. Besides the label of course :D

Actually, they ARE different.
In flight (yes, i have compared) the Gensace are slightly less powerful, which makes sense as the Glaciers are rated 30c.
Also, I've personally spoken to Dale at EPBuddy about them, and the Glaciers are of higher quality chemistry.
Finally, I'd take Dale's customer service any day of the week :)

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Actually, they ARE different.
In flight (yes, i have compared) the Gensace are slightly less powerful, which makes sense as the Glaciers are rated 30c.
Also, I've personally spoken to Dale at EPBuddy about them, and the Glaciers are of higher quality chemistry.
Finally, I'd take Dale's customer service any day of the week :)

Always thought they were the same. Cool, EPBuddy is closer to me anyway. Cheaper too, plus they come with those balance wire protectors :)

I just got some 2s 2200mah for my helicopter and 6s 5300mah for my 74" Edge. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: