• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have been using "siliconized polyurethane" going on 8 years now. First started using it when Pilot RC started putting it in their ARF's.
Been very happy with it. Never need to do a fuel line change out. The Sullivan stuff looks cool but you cant see fuel in it or air bubbles for that matter.

This siliconized polyurethane how sells it and where do you get it can give some information on the stuff.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
The TDRC stuff is polyurethane. Chief carries Polyvinyl in addition to the rest except polyurethane.

The nice thing about Polyurethane is that it's fairly rigid, and seats over barbs very well (especially if you heat it up a little bit), I like it as the vent/in tank/to carb... I don't like it for fueling lines because they are hard to remove from a barb. Fairly cheap, so it's nice for the fuel cans.

Tygon usually has a pretty thick and less rigid, I like it for my fueling fittings, although it does deteriorate over time, and little pieces of it end up in the fuel tank from fuel line barbs.

Viton (Sullivan Pro-Flex basically), is hard to get the right wall diameter when buying in bulk so it wont collapse when bent, it's holds up the best, but is less rigid than the rest of them and is the most expensive. PSP sells the right Viton size. I think Viton is great for fueling lines (fuel barbs don't grab chunks like is can with Tygon), smoke, and inside tank lines (supported if you must). Obvious disadvantage being it is not transparent and the price.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
This siliconized polyurethane how sells it and where do you get it can give some information on the stuff.

My internet is only 2G at the moment so providing links and such is not happening right now. Sorry for this. I can tell you HK, TDRC, and E-Bay are some sources for it. You can run any kind of fuel (Alcohol, Nitro, Gas, Diesel etc...) through it and it comes in a variety of colors such as blue, red, orange, yellow, green and clear.