• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC YAK 55

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That's a nice looking Yak there Brian!!! I've seen a few 55's around this year in my travels and they look like really good performers. I'd like to try one out sometime and see what all the hub-bub is about.

Bemeson;5568 wrote: Blue Swope

Here is the picture of the trap door. Its a crappy picture, but all Yak 55 planes have to doors in either side of the rudder for access to run servo wires. Its pretty cool.
Thanks Brian.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Bemeson;5597 wrote: It's a really long story. Much better served in person...

Brian

Brian sorry to hear of this loss but your new addition looks nice. I hope you get lots of fun with it. I am looking forward to hearing how it holds up and how it flys. I like your SAVOX decals on the pants.

Bemeson

50cc
Ohio AV8TOR;5705 wrote: Brian sorry to hear of this loss but your new addition looks nice. I hope you get lots of fun with it. I am looking forward to hearing how it holds up and how it flys. I like your SAVOX decals on the pants.

Thanks Ray,

Funny thing about the decals and wheel pants. They are from the AW Yak. I do not like the look of Spats so I repurposed them.

Brian

Bemeson

50cc
Terry,

The Yak55's I have flown have been exceptional IMAC performers, but not super great 3D performers. I believe it's due to its long fuselage. This bird appears to have some 3D characteristics as it has extreme flight like monster surfaces. This plane has a much more wild paint job than I usually like. What I have found is paint jobs like this look great initially, but a s time goes I grow tired of them. We shall see. By the way, I emailed with your brother and I will help him. I am sure he a great guy just like you and you gotta love a guy with the first name of Brian. ;-))

Bemeson

50cc
Well got called out this weekend and did not get to fly. The YAK 55 will have to wait a bit as I am going to the Black Hills Huckfest to visit with a few of my friends. When I get back I will give it a go.

Brian

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
Probably not. In NYC now headed for Minneapolis. I am out more than in the office for the next weeks. When is it?