• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Sheeting done and ready for glassing. I'm really happy with the way this turned out:banana-dance:.

Next up is to finish cutting the canopy and mount. I'm going to flush mount it on the deck, so I left a small relief around the front (above the panel) and along the side rails. Then it's paint time.
DSC04120.JPG
DSC04118.JPG DSC04119.JPG

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Thanks guys...yes it will look totally different and in my opinion the fuse has much better lines with the smaller canopy. Got the glass done....I'd shoot a pic but it really looks the same as the sheeted pic :oblong:.

Won't get to work on it any more this week....just finished loading up the trailer for another trip to the new house in PA. Be there for a few days installing closet shelving (Yippee)

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Earle... the Krill looks great.

It's funny, I'm in the middle of hinging my canopy on my Challenger II... and then i see yours! Wow...

The challenger has the hinges on the inside with offset hinges. Working out the details yet. Yours looks outstanding.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Thanks Matt....I'm sure yours will turn out just as nice !

Meanwhile a little more done on the Raven canopy. Primed and sanded. Canopy trimmed for a flush mount and roughed up on the inside where it meets the wood for gluing. Will pick up some Goop tomorrow and get'r glued. Trim tape shows where the paint line will be. Capt Jack waiting patiently on the bench :pirate:
DSC04125.JPG

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Glued the canopy on tonight....TWICE!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: Tried Goop first....all I can say is "WHAT A FRIGGEN MESS". Felt like a kid building his first plastic model....glue EVERYWHERE :confused??:. Finally gave up in disgust and pulled it off, opened up a gallon of denatured alcohol and a roll of paper towels and proceeded to clean the stuff off everything. I don't know how @Terryscustom does his so neatly, but I felt like an idiot!

Anyway....after cleanup and calming down, I whipped out the Hysol and did it correctly (at least for me). I've got more blue tape on this thing than the painters at our new house! It'll be good and cured cause we're heading out in the morning for a few days. I shoot some pics when we get back home. :cheers: