• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yeah....although his swag only weighed about 2 oz. He'll still be able to shake his head though!!!!
@Terryscustom ....do you run a bit of balsa on the inside perimeter around the back canopy bulkhead to give some more surface to glue to, or just glue to the 1/8" ply and leave it at that?

Just 1/8", tack in with goop or whatever you install your canopy shell with but don't go too crazy. After it's all dry and removed from the fuse put some Goop in a syringe and go around the inside perimeter with a 1/8" or slightly larger bead and good to go. I dont smooth out that bead, I just poke it a little so it is sort of like a tig weld line of goop. Never had one fail yet.

tl3

50cc
I'm sure you're aware of this...but just in case, make sure you round the edges of the canopy frame rails and bulkheads where the canopy meets them.
t

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
The only "bling" the Cap't will have in his new office. Guess I'll give him a key for the ignition too :pirate:

Needed to finish this before the sheeting, as it will overlay the top a tad.
DSC04082.JPG

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
That is really sweet. Where'd you get that?
Made it. The panel face is lite ply, you can see in previous pics, cut out for the instruments. Printed those out and glued in place on a piece of leftover clear from my canopy. Then glued in place on the back of the ply (after some speckle paint). The ply gives the "instruments" a recessed look and the clear plastic helps with the illusion.
Added some small screws and for the adjustment knobs I cut off some end caps from old Sharpies......and VOILA! Easy peasey :banana-dance: