Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Pistolera, Oct 30, 2014.

1. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Magnetic is much more controllable!

2. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

@Jetpainter ......Question for the painting pro....Final (hopefully) wet sanding of the primer (Nason 2K) on my Krill. Every now and then there will be a very slight sand-thru of the primer, to either the underlying white gelcoat or glass. All still very smooth. In the pic I've highlighted a couple of such areas. These happen on or near edges.

Should I touch up the primer on these spots or just go with the color? Using Chromabase colors.

Thanks for the guidance!!!!
    20190712_175433A.jpg

3. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Small cut throughs are usually not a problem and don't require repriming. Just make sure the color stays uniform over them so it all looks covered. You can put a coat of base on everything then hit the cut throughs separately so they're covered then coat the whole thing as needed.

dhal22 and Pistolera like this.
  4. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Thanks!....that'll save lots of time. I was afraid if I retouch those areas with primer, I'd have to wet sand again before color.

I plan on shooting the whole plane white, making sure I have good coverage for areas that will remain white.