• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Made a little progress on the Raven canopy project.

Got the base all ready to go. Mounting tabs and blind nuts installed....elected to used just the middle and rear (4 out of 6) since I'm using big (1/2") CF tubes for the front locator dowels. Next up is Gorilla gluing the pink foam deck onto the base. After that i'll touch up any sanding and install the balsa sheeting, glass and paint.

So far it weighs 15 1/2 oz as you see it in the last 2 pics. As a comparison the stock canopy weighs 2 lbs 2 oz.
DSC04074.JPG
DSC04075.JPG DSC04076.JPG DSC04077.JPG DSC04079.JPG DSC04080.JPG DSC04081.JPG

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Thanks Stang....but not to sure about that....I expect the canopy, sheeting, glass and paint will make up the difference.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Yeah....although his swag only weighed about 2 oz. He'll still be able to shake his head though!!!!
@Terryscustom ....do you run a bit of balsa on the inside perimeter around the back canopy bulkhead to give some more surface to glue to, or just glue to the 1/8" ply and leave it at that?