• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

WMcNabb

150cc
Yes, no short bed for me.

Didn't want a 1-ton dualie, but couldn't find a long bed any other way. Wound up with a crew cab GMC 3500. Actually it's her truck, and I get to drive it sometimes.;)

And right now, it's on the way back from picking up material for the project which will keep me out of the workshop this weekend.:(

20160422_161920.jpg 20160422_161932.jpg When out at the field this past Monday I darn near planted my 330 into the safety fence:eek: due to a surging engine. Finally got a chance to look at it today and while changing out all the batteries I noticed a fuel leak around the cap. It was real loose and fuel was leaking out.:steamer: So pulled the tank and changed out the lines, re-tightened the cap and fired her up. Purring like a kitten now.:)

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have spent the last two afternoon/ evening's stripping my little Pitts. I started out just going to replace the carb linkage and started removing the wings to get to it and "whoaaa" the bottom right wing was broke. I got this bird used and have known it needed a recover because it had patches and I've been adding more, one could easily put a finger through it, so no time like the present.
The wing has been fixed as well as a couple other minor issue. Will spend a little time over the coming week sanding and filling but not a great deal, this one is just my bash around Pitts. But being as I am at it and have always wanted to do a particular scheme here is my chance. Pics are what it was, now, and what it will be.

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 245
  • P1080408.JPG
    P1080408.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 2075428.jpg
    2075428.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 233

Melchizedek

New to GSN!
You may not remember Robert, but I voted for this scheme on one of your previous builds.
Glad to see your finally going to do it. Sure would like to see it when it is complete.

Kevin

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
You may not remember Robert, but I voted for this scheme on one of your previous builds.
Glad to see your finally going to do it. Sure would like to see it when it is complete.

Kevin
I seem to recall something along those lines, actually you were the only one I believe. I will be sure to post a pic for you Kevin, probably on the Pitts thread. The covering will be here next Saturday so should have it done sometime the following week.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Been playing with electricity and have fried me brain! I REALLY REALLY need to get this in the shop so I don't have to post about CHEAP HK planes :deadhorse:. The Sbach is getting gutted. It served it's purpose. If some one comes to my location and buys me a cheeseburger they can have it. :laughing:
13095929_10207497493609357_6819946130087991572_n.jpg