• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

rmyers

70cc twin V2
My wife and I bought a brand new off the showroom floor 88 Mustang 5.0 GT Convertible. Black on grey leather. Wicked fast until you had to stop or turn a corner. Traded it for a 88 Suburban when we discovered the child safety seat didn't work too well. Never looked back.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok guys at my friends place looking at his progress on his new plane. Just for fun I have attached two pictures to the forum. Just kicks how big do you guys think this plane is. Later on in evening will give answer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 216

BalsaDust

You just give me some insight as to why I was bogging off the line.... I'm not in "go pedal" far enough for launch. My 2nd pass, I tried 3K for launch, it was better, but still bogged. I've got basically brand new tires on it, and now a new short throw shifter. But I need to get a new lid, if I'm gonna go back, mine is a little old.... Not even SNELL10 rated.... Whoops! I didn't know that it had to have a rating on it.

If this hobby goes the way I think it will, I'm gonna replace airplanes and helis with another Mustang, maybe a FoxBody and drop a LS something in it with a 2 speed......
Wow at my local track you only have to have a helmet if you break into the 13's though yes it has to be of a certain rating. Speaking of racing I will be throwing my dads 06 gt around VIR on Saturday. A day of fun on the road course. Only ever ridden in a car out there this will be my first time driving and I'm so looking forward to it.

thurmma

150cc
Flew the Extra with the 29x12 standard 3 blade. It was better but, still not enough pull on the uplines :-( I think I am going to throw the 30x13W falcon back on and see if I can figure out the throttle a bit better. I love the way it pulls but, it rips so easy. I have to figure something out to keep my sound scores from tanking.

I was actually giving thought to taking 1/4" off the end of each blade but, didn't like the idea of tearing up a brand new 3 blade prop.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Flew the Extra with the 29x12 standard 3 blade. It was better but, still not enough pull on the uplines :-( I think I am going to throw the 30x13W falcon back on and see if I can figure out the throttle a bit better. I love the way it pulls but, it rips so easy. I have to figure something out to keep my sound scores from tanking.

I was actually giving thought to taking 1/4" off the end of each blade but, didn't like the idea of tearing up a brand new 3 blade prop.
I'm sure your Evo 176 is no different than mine was Mark. I had pretty much the same problems. Seemed it would break most any prop loose and rip the poop outta it. Other props it seemed too loaded. I just could never find the happy medium. The motor makes great ponies once you get past a certain rpm. Anything less and it seemed weak as a kitten. I hope you find that sweet spot prop.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Wow at my local track you only have to have a helmet if you break into the 13's though yes it has to be of a certain rating. Speaking of racing I will be throwing my dads 06 gt around VIR on Saturday. A day of fun on the road course. Only ever ridden in a car out there this will be my first time driving and I'm so looking forward to it.

You'll love it Chris! Way more fun than driving in a straight line.:yesss:

Just remember, road racing is just like flying toy airplanes...Keep it out of the dirt!:laughing: