• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Being as my GP Pitts is awaiting Ultracote, I have spent the day going over and through the GP Ultimate. The diaphragm on the DLE 55 was hard but softened up quickly with some 3-in-one, the right ele servo was acting sluggish so I replaced it. Waiting on the batt's to charge now, then I will hit the pasture with it.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Motivation, I don't need no stinkin' coffee for motivation. I got all I needed yesterday at the flying field. Three flights on my Kaos. . . . .
I don't drink coffee so I'm out there, and Sunday when I went flying for the first time this year @pawnshopmike 's uncle Bill and Ryan Mowery were flying when I got there. Bill is good and Ryan is just flat outstanding! After a few minutes of watching them I think, what's the point of even getting my airplane out of the truck. Then some young guy that's pretty new to heli's flew and he is so much better than me in a short time it was just flat depressing. :( I put in a few flights on my Pilot Edge, but my heart wasn't in it so my motivation is pretty low right now.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I used to feel a bit like that and then finally said the hell with it....I'm having fun and flying what I like and the best I can do at that moment. Smile & Fly!!!:)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I used to feel a bit like that and then finally said the hell with it....I'm having fun and flying what I like and the best I can do at that moment. Smile & Fly!!!:)

It was just one of those days when the frustration of not being able to fly more so I can actually improve smacked me right in the face.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
While waiting for the charge the diaphragm hardened back up, apparently it is toast. Ordered a new one so no flying today for me.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I don't drink coffee so I'm out there, and Sunday when I went flying for the first time this year @pawnshopmike 's uncle Bill and Ryan Mowery were flying when I got there. Bill is good and Ryan is just flat outstanding! After a few minutes of watching them I think, what's the point of even getting my airplane out of the truck. Then some young guy that's pretty new to heli's flew and he is so much better than me in a short time it was just flat depressing. :( I put in a few flights on my Pilot Edge, but my heart wasn't in it so my motivation is pretty low right now.

Yup. I flew with them Sunday before last in Eureka. I love to watch those two fly. Then you realize it's you're turn. Hard to follow them up!:p

I'm just glad they are on my team!:yesss:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup. I flew with them Sunday before last in Eureka. I love to watch those two fly. Then you realize it's you're turn. Hard to follow them up!:p

I'm just glad they are on my team!:yesss:
Even your uncle Bill said kind of the same thing. :)
I got a little video of Ryan flying the 120cc Red Wing prototype Slick. It's from my phone, and my camera work sucks, but I may post some of it later. I missed getting some of his really low stuff. He was really going to town with that thing.:big-grin:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
:( I put in a few flights on my Pilot Edge, but my heart wasn't in it so my motivation is pretty low right now.
Hey @Jetpainter,

I know exactly what you mean with low motivation. I didn't fly for almost a year after I tried to play tarzan with my Dirty Birdy by trying to fly it through the trees. I hope your motivation rises sooner rather than later. . . . . . :big_yes:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Even your uncle Bill said kind of the same thing. :)
I got a little video of Ryan flying the 120cc Red Wing prototype Slick. It's from my phone, and my camera work sucks, but I may post some of it later. I missed getting some of his really low stuff. He was really going to town with that thing.:big-grin:
Yup.
Was Ryan doing those crazy 3D Figure 8's?
Redwing Tim got a lot of video when we were in Eureka. Hopefully he'll post it on YouTube.