• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Spent some time getting all the covering tightened back up on the Slick last night, and fitted a "free HP kit" to it (stickers).

20160421_192234_resized.jpg

Wow at my local track you only have to have a helmet if you break into the 13's though yes it has to be of a certain rating. Speaking of racing I will be throwing my dads 06 gt around VIR on Saturday. A day of fun on the road course. Only ever ridden in a car out there this will be my first time driving and I'm so looking forward to it.

13.99 at my track for a lid.

You may like what is in the garage tonite..... An '01 F150 Lightning. Belongs to a buddy of mine. Poked 20 over, stage 2 cams, +2# upper, +6# lower, amongst other mods. Has a 3.4L Whipple to go on soon. Installed a new heat exchanger on it a week before we went to the track. I think the torque converter is slipping. He made his 2nd pass, and you can hear the engine rev up at 1100', and still ran a 12.9. Something is making a ticking noise underneath when the engine is running.

He claims it will be a 9 sec truck. Not without slicks, some serious trans work and a different rear gear. May have to go to 4.56s....

BalsaDust

My brotha used to have a lightning. Badass truck made over 700 at the flywheel. Best he ever got was a 11.70 but he can't drive for heck so that was the biggest problem. Also had lots of other problems as it was a wrecked truck when he bought it.

My brotha used to have a lightning. Badass truck made over 700 at the flywheel. Best he ever got was a 11.70 but he can't drive for heck so that was the biggest problem. Also had lots of other problems as it was a wrecked truck when he bought it.
Mustang and Lightning.

Attachments

• 20160422_181134.jpg
    20160422_181134.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 20160422_181331.jpg
    20160422_181331.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 211

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Flat on the bed floor between the fenders with the tailgate closed? The truck market has sure changed. Big luxurious cabs and short narrow beds. It's really hard to find a new extended cab long standard bed with a standard transmission. But this isn't supposed to be a truck thread. I'll go back to fixing my plane now. Tore the gear off this morning.