• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I was thinking the same thing about the hobby. Might be some really good deals on a couple of 40% planes shortly.
There are already some smokin' deals. Not only 40%. But 100cc'ers as well. Since when could you buy a new setup, only 5 flight Pilot 40% 330SC with everything...bnf top of the line servos, hardware etc., for under 2500.00? That is just "plane" nutz! (Pun intended) I'll fly mine till the glue joints delam and the rings in my motors are worn out before I'll let them go that cheap. I hope this is not the future unfolding, and only just a bump in the landing strip.

Please tell more about said mustang. I'm a Ford nut.

'07 GT/CS in Redfire, Spectre CAI, Corsa axelbacks, new Hurst short throw shifter 4.6L with a TR-3650 5sp with 136K on it. Sits on 18x8 Thrust wheels with Nitto 555 tires. Went to the local drag strip Sat, and ran my first ever pass down the track. Ran 14.84 @ 98, with a .443 reaction time. Bogged really bad coming out of the hole, but she pulled thru pretty good. 2nd pass was better/quicker. Ran 14.8 @ 94 with a .147 reaction.

I think rear control arms will be next, as well as front lower A Arms. Debating on Pypes long tube headers and H pipe.

Dont have any good clean pics of the GT. Maybe I can get a friend of mine to text me or email me a couple of pics, going down the track. The g/f took video. I pull 2nd gear and dump the clutch hard and fast, I actually break the tires loose on the strip.

Attachments

• 20160421_145515.jpg
    20160421_145515.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 20160416_151750.jpg
    20160416_151750.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 213
  • 20160416_211953.jpg
    20160416_211953.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

BalsaDust

'07 GT/CS in Redfire, Spectre CAI, Corsa axelbacks, new Hurst short throw shifter 4.6L with a TR-3650 5sp with 136K on it. Sits on 18x8 Thrust wheels with Nitto 555 tires. Went to the local drag strip Sat, and ran my first ever pass down the track. Ran 14.84 @ 98, with a .443 reaction time. Bogged really bad coming out of the hole, but she pulled thru pretty good. 2nd pass was better/quicker. Ran 14.8 @ 94 with a .147 reaction.

I think rear control arms will be next, as well as front lower A Arms. Debating on Pypes long tube headers and H pipe.

Dont have any good clean pics of the GT. Maybe I can get a friend of mine to text me or email me a couple of pics, going down the track. The g/f took video. I pull 2nd gear and dump the clutch hard and fast, I actually break the tires loose on the strip.

Sweet I promise you she has more in her than that. My dad got my mom an 05 GT when that body style first came out. Only thing that was done to it was a set of flowmasters and a good shifter and I had it running a best of 13.73 on street tires. makes me miss my 89 LX though. 12.32 @ 109mph in the 1/4. Always loved the feeling of the steering wheel getting light off the line as the front tires left the ground. Nothing quite like dumping the clutch off the line at 5500 rpm.

Sweet I promise you she has more in her than that. My dad got my mom an 05 GT when that body style first came out. Only thing that was done to it was a set of flowmasters and a good shifter and I had it running a best of 13.73 on street tires. makes me miss my 89 LX though. 12.32 @ 109mph in the 1/4. Always loved the feeling of the steering wheel getting light off the line as the front tires left the ground. Nothing quite like dumping the clutch off the line at 5500 rpm.

You just give me some insight as to why I was bogging off the line.... I'm not in "go pedal" far enough for launch. My 2nd pass, I tried 3K for launch, it was better, but still bogged. I've got basically brand new tires on it, and now a new short throw shifter. But I need to get a new lid, if I'm gonna go back, mine is a little old.... Not even SNELL10 rated.... Whoops! I didn't know that it had to have a rating on it.

If this hobby goes the way I think it will, I'm gonna replace airplanes and helis with another Mustang, maybe a FoxBody and drop a LS something in it with a 2 speed......