• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Went out with @ChickenBalls this afternoon umm yea took the new 91 yak up and a wheel fell off mid hover in the runway, only the 2nd flight on this plane so luck still sucks WTF can I not catch a break? come in for landing in hairier and kept the rt wing down hoping to hold the missing wheel side up but as soon as the lone wheel touched ground the adverse side come down digging into the dirt and flipping the air frame, I got lucky to walk away with a broken prop and cracked gear but I did wick ca into the gear and flex it and it dosent look perfect but is strong it will do in case I wana fly first of the week before i can get a new set, bummed a woodie prop from Donnie for now for the same reason....... Just a crappy month all together.
Man that sucks. Sorry for the not so good luck. Hope it gets better for you.

4DigitHP

50cc
I went to the field this morning for an hour or so . I got to help him look got his .60 size value hobby stick in the cotton.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440357856.197249.jpg

On the hunt for 1000WHP

Last edited:
Got out today with @ChickenBalls @mulehead1969 @lawnman along with Carl, Bryson, Jim and a few other folks for a great day of flying. Everybody got some flying in and best part we all headed home with the same number of parts we showed up with!;)
Big event for me was maiden of the ultimate. What a rocket! Was very pleased. The most trimmed out plane I have ever maiden. Flew on rails as long as I kept my shaking hands from moving the sticks too much.:LOL_gif:Pics to follow.

One of the guys at the field asked me if I still got nervous flying after all these years. I told him the day I don't get that nervous feeling I'll quit flying because it would be boring.

Flew at a small event Saturday morning and I noticed my freakin' knees were shaking. Course I had just about splattered my plane doing a low knife edge pass in front of the hangars on the other side of the runway.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Wow...guess nervous shakes were the call for the day. I took the 260 out today, as it's been over a month since "Baby" and I have had an outing. (Guess I've been giving too much attention to my other girls) She apparently did not approve. The 157 was just singing and I went into a left hand bank and she basically fought me coming out of it. Had to dial in a gob of trim to get it straightened out. I immediately landed and checked all linkages, re-trimmed back to known settings, worked the ailerons briskly back and forth and blasted off again. Flew true and accurate with no further weirdness. I think I may have a servo going south. It must be losing its centering. Not to worry, will order up new servos tomorrow and she'll stay grounded till replaced. I will say that I don't get put on edge with the 260 too much. But I knew that was just not right. Visions of a crumpled airframe and red jugs in the dirt scared the bajeebas outta me.