• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

thurmma

150cc
I went flying yesterday...........Didn't turn out so good :( Had the notorious c-clip failure happen to the 106 TOC on the Extra and take out both cylinders and pistons! Also, took out the plane. The plane is repairable and I do have a spare 106 sitting in the garage, but how many lives can an airframe have??? This is life number 4 and will be 5 after I repair it.

20150820_210735.jpg
20150820_211111.jpg
20150820_211116.jpg
20150820_212532.jpg
20150821_075625.jpg

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I went flying yesterday...........Didn't turn out so good :( Had the notorious c-clip failure happen to the 106 TOC on the Extra and take out both cylinders and pistons! Also, took out the plane. The plane is repairable and I do have a spare 106 sitting in the garage, but how many lives can an airframe have??? This is life number 4 and will be 5 after I repair it.

View attachment 38206 View attachment 38207 View attachment 38208 View attachment 38209 View attachment 38210
YUK

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

View attachment 38206 View attachment 38207 View attachment 38208 View attachment 38209 View attachment 38210

Damn for a clip to make an incident. Sorry and sad for ya. Had a bit of bad "brain" syndrome myself with my large and small glow turds. Clip in my brain keeps breaking. lol. Fortunate to have all my large gassers (except 330) ready for what ever my intentions are. @ChickenBalls ......Donnie I will try to make the Huck O Ween this year. Plan to bring "purple" and hopefully some kind of skill. My powers of self amazement are rapidly diminishing:confused:.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Ah to heck with it. Don't even bother going in. I say, "Carpe diem"! Just go fly all day. It's ok, (You know you want to)
:devil-dance:

7:45 here...had my coffee, OJ, one egg and toast. Big Purple Brother is loaded...time to hook the hooptie hauler and head for the strip.
:banana-dance:
Well I would have, but I had a customer coming in so he could pay me. After 36 years that's the only part of the job that I truly enjoy anymore.;)

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Damn for a clip to make an incident. Sorry and sad for ya. Had a bit of bad "brain" syndrome myself with my large and small glow turds. Clip in my brain keeps breaking. lol. Fortunate to have all my large gassers (except 330) ready for what ever my intentions are. @ChickenBalls ......Donnie I will try to make the Huck O Ween this year. Plan to bring "purple" and hopefully some kind of skill. My powers of self amazement are rapidly diminishing:confused:.
Kelly skill must not be required to attend, they letting me go, so I know it's not required. @4DigitHP posted who be the first to take out the zombie's, it won't be me, I fly way HIGHER than that. :lol2: If I can ever get some time on the Sukhoi, that's probably what I'll bring, got a few other things going in trailer also. 61 days and counting
https://countingdownto.com/countdown/3d-farm-huck-o-ween-countdown-clock

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Wish I could be there with you guys at "Huck-O-Ween". But definitely already geared up for Richland Huckfest in three weeks. After I flew this morning...which wasn't all that fantastic....(will get back that in a moment), I stopped in to the only remaining LHS here in the valley. Picked up my buddies new ride that has been sitting there for the last week while I have been working out of town. Pilot 30% 330SC. Then I stopped by Wally World and bought a new Oversize Mesh Chair and a second 10x10 ft. canopy and a second sun wall. The trailer is arranged and now all I got to do is wait for the next three weekends and, right....like....."THAT", I'm outta here for some fun with "Those Guys" at Huckfest. Damn sure looking forward to it. Especially since it is the only event that my work is going to allow for this year. I may try to get to the IMAC event over there later next month also. We'll have to wait and see.

As for going out flying today? Yeah, got up early and loaded....and arrived at a completely empty and vacant field. Temps about 69 and zero wind. "Sweet" I thought. Got the 100cc Purple Edge assembled and by then the wind was up to about 5-8. Ah, no worries. Just right for some good harriers. First flight...pretty fun but noticed that I need to do a little fine tuning on the GC of the Edge. I like a tick of tail weight, but I think I got a taste more than just a tick. Second flight...wind was up to about 15-20 and smoke from the surrounding fires was choking me off and I couldn't see the Purple and Black in the sky all that well. By the time I lifted off the third time, the wind went up to around 30 and that was just too much for me. Landed, packed it in and called it good. Never have I come home from flying before 11:00 a.m. before. Doah....

Still, not a bad day. Just wanted more air time. Ah but tomorrow is another day with another bird of the very large Orange persuasion. :yesss: