• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Got to the field today at 3:30 and stayed until dark. I flew my Trex 550e heli. I'm running a spare motor I had since the other one lost some magnets. The spare is way underpowered. It bogs down like an older nitro heli. I've got a replacement coming.

The weather was gorgeous other than some wind off and on. I'm not used to going to the field and not sweating.;)

flycanic

70cc twin V2
I just got home from a great time of night flying. We went out about 10:00 pm and stayed until about midnight. Camera went dead after taking photo's just before flying. I guess it needs to be charged more often LOL!!! 3D'n in the pitch Black of night is a Hoot!!!
IMG_4314.JPG IMG_4315.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Flew 3 flights today. There must have been something in the air, everybody felt off today (including me), and all were gone before 11am...
Man, must be the smoke from all the fires. You may use that if you like Tanner.

The boy and I on the other hand had a most bodacious day at the field. Lots of wailin' going on for sure. Disappearing Big 222 powered Edge in massive plumes of smoke and one inch off the deck Big Orange Suk. Dang the prop blast makes your heart thump. A friend was at the field with his new Go-Pro. He video over 30 minutes of our antics today. Will post them as soon as they are ready.

Dang, I just have to go flying tomorrow. Lol.

I feel a Big Blue 260 day is far over due.

emtp275

100cc
Went out with @ChickenBalls this afternoon umm yea took the new 91 yak up and a wheel fell off mid hover in the runway, only the 2nd flight on this plane so luck still sucks WTF can I not catch a break? come in for landing in hairier and kept the rt wing down hoping to hold the missing wheel side up but as soon as the lone wheel touched ground the adverse side come down digging into the dirt and flipping the air frame, I got lucky to walk away with a broken prop and cracked gear but I did wick ca into the gear and flex it and it dosent look perfect but is strong it will do in case I wana fly first of the week before i can get a new set, bummed a woodie prop from Donnie for now for the same reason....... Just a crappy month all together.