• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Plans built P-51

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
Here you can see the off center condition before I fixed it.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
I'm actually kind of proud of this accomplishment. Notice the gap between F1 and my mockup spinner back plate. Just about right.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
image.jpg image.jpg
Here's some of the parts I need for the fuselage. All of these parts are to be cut from 1/8 ply. I use cheap Hobby Lobby glue sticks to attach the paper template to the wood. Most of the time, unless it sits too long, the paper will peel right off after you cut and sand the parts.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
Here's the results! 9 down, 100 more to go. But that's part of the joy of plans building. Those of you that have never built a plane from a box of lumber are in for a real treat. Especially the first time you fire it up and taxi out to the runway. Trust me, it's a satisfaction that only comes from making little pieces out of big ones glueing them all together and then sanding off everything that doesn't look like an airplane.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Well, talking about just not right, I went to the flying field tonight. Nothing wrong with that. In January we had a day of light winds and 70* temperatures. So what's a guy to do? As soon as I could get away from work I was outta here. Loaded up 1 plane, my radio, and gas can. Got there, unloaded my plane, put it together went back to the van to get my gas can. WHAT? No gas can? Dang. Load it up and go home. Too far to go get it and come back before dark.

Now that just ain't right. I need to double up on my meds.