• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC 2.7m Extra 300CS

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Your a smart man, I spent all weekend in 103° at Anderson IMAC and you get to build a pretty pretty airplane in Air Conditioning ! I miss building LoL. Everything looks fantastic and I like the clever idea for squaring.

Alky6

150cc
Well, I spent my time in the heat at baseball games and swim practice! Trust me, I would love to have been there and spent some time in the "heat" with you!! As I am finding with 8 and 9 year old boys, their sport schedules run the roost! I have to quit praying for patience!!!!! LOL. Soon my friend, soon. Thank you for your kind words!

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Paul,

great engineering. I may have a simpler way. Turn the fuse over and lay it on the bench. There is your reference side. Zero is set on the hatch side of the fuse. Two things, You need to hang F1 over the end of the table and your table is flat.

AL

Alky6

150cc
It has been a busy, busy, busy summer. Have made a bit of progress in small bites over the last few months. Will try to get caught up here.

The landing gear mounts are installed. Center bottom longeron installed. Added the LG formers and sheeted the bottom of the fuse. Glued on stab root ribs (used the fuse to hold pressure against rib). Set incidence on the wings and stabs. Have not had good luck with the Hangar 9 incidence meter remaining consistent - it tends to drift. So I made some modifications. I have been using a smart level for about 15 years on the race boats with great success. So I bought a second unit (without the level bar) and mounted it to the Hangar 9 incidence bar. Works great!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Alky6

150cc
Here is a photo with the canopy and turtle deck sitting on the fuse. Wanted to see how it is coming along. The current step I am working on now is mounting the vertical fin. I keep staring at it and keep walking away...for the last few weeks now. LOL.

image.jpg
image.jpg