• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC 2.7m Extra 300CS

Alky6

150cc
thanks for the kind words, Dimes! And you always seem to have some cool stuff going on - have a soft spot for the alky stuff!

Alky6

150cc
So I have been agonizing over how to get the vertical fin set properly in place. Too many degrees of freedom. Finally hatched a plan. I attached scrap piece of 1/4" balsa to the screws for the tail wheel. That provided a point for a centerline location at the rear of the fuse. I also glued two sacrificial balsa stock to the fin's TE balsa (it will be sanded later when relieveing the sides) to locate the fin after I got everthing mocked up properly. Worked great! I am sure someone will tell me that there was a solution much easier than mine! :)

Most importantly, the vertical fin now has glue drying and is straight and square in all the different plans.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg