• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC 2.7m Extra 300CS

Alky6

150cc
Thought I would give this build thread a go. Recently received a JTEC kit for a combo late birthday and early Christmas from my in-laws. Gotta love my in-laws! Received three boxes from UPS. Of course the one labeled "fragile" got hammered... The cowl is tango uniform. Fortunately, that seems to be the only damage.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Alky6

150cc
Have a claim filed with UPS. Here are the parts all laid out. pretty cool. Had to get some glue to go with it... @Kevin-Young gave me the correct part numbers for the mixing tips. they are only 3" long and have the blunt tips. Saves a bit of glue over the 6" long ones.
-Paul

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alky6

150cc
I first dry assembled the motor box. BTW, the manual calls out a second 1/8" ply firewall to laminate with the 1/4" firewall. That is a carryover from the 3.1m manual is not needed for the 2.7m version. A quick call to Kevin confirmed. Also, the landing gear formers that are shown in the photos are only for the 3.1m versi0n. That call alleviated a lot of panic on my end. LOL.
image.jpg

Alky6

150cc
I decided to glue up the motor box in two steps, this way I could use the top fusalage top to help ensure I get all the fuse formers aligned properly.
image.jpg
The first and last former and the tank floor were glued in at this point. the firewall will wait until the next step.
image.jpg

Alky6

150cc
The next step was to glue in the firewall and finish the rest of the fillet gluing necessary. One point to note, the F2 former did come damaged (broke at the stress riser at the stringer). Quite honestly, I don't know how you would get the former in place without breaking it to begin with. So I used some CA to tack it in place aligned the outside edges with the outside of the first former and the third and glued in place with the hysol.
image.jpg

Firewall and remaining parts (except motorbox top) are now glued in.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Alky6

150cc
I started Saturday morning, and this is where I am at now. Working on the fuse sides. This kit is really coming together quite rapidly. JTEC has really done their homework to make this thing super easy to build so far.

image.jpg