• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC practice tips for new pilots.

Sometimes if the sequence would end inverted I would fly my entire landing approach inverted and roll upright on final... It's perfectly legal...
Taking a look at the rules... This is what it says about exiting the box when inverted, just for information.
Wayne

•  Single half roll to inverted immediately prior to entering the aerobatic airspace for the case in which an inverted entry to the first maneuver is required;

• Single half roll to upright immediately after exiting the aerobatic airspace for the case in which an inverted exit from the last maneuver is required;

M

Matt

Taking a look at the rules... This is what it says about exiting the box when inverted, just for information.
Wayne

•  Single half roll to inverted immediately prior to entering the aerobatic airspace for the case in which an inverted entry to the first maneuver is required;

• Single half roll to upright immediately after exiting the aerobatic airspace for the case in which an inverted exit from the last maneuver is required;
Okay well thanks for busting that fun...

Since you are on here... What about inverted exit from first sequence, and inverted entry to the second sequence, can we remain inverted? According to that rule no...

Okay well thanks for busting that fun...

Since you are on here... What about inverted exit from first sequence, and inverted entry to the second sequence, can we remain inverted? According to that rule no...
Hi Matt.... I understand how you feel..... However the rules are taught throughout the IMAC system the same way in all the Judging Schools in all the regions and also Internationally.

If a pilot was to fly inverted between sequences the entire round would be zeroed. Come 2017 with new rules being proposed, there may be a possibility of only ONE of the sequences being zeroed.

I can just about guarantee if the above was done in the SE region, the pilot would suffer the penalty that is required by the rules.
Wayne

M

Matt

Wow well I am certain I will never fly in the southeast... Sad that this is the case... I did the multiple times last year and it was even brought up to the NERD and it was deemed acceptable... Looks as though I will not be renewing iMac... Sad that it comes to this but the fun is being sucked out of everything... Soon there will be a rule such as no laughing when flying... Oh well it is what it is I suppose

Wow well I am certain I will never fly in the southeast... Sad that this is the case... I did the multiple times last year and it was even brought up to the NERD and it was deemed acceptable... Looks as though I will not be renewing iMac... Sad that it comes to this but the fun is being sucked out of everything... Soon there will be a rule such as no laughing when flying... Oh well it is what it is I suppose
Well, Matt.... If you are saying that you won't rejoin IMAC because of a rule you disagree with, we are really sorry that you see it that way.

Our organization is a disciplined, fun, one that has rules that everyone should abide by. It is quite probable that if a pilot did the same thing at the NATS, that pilot would also have the same result. Without rules, IMAC would spiral into a regular fun-fly in. There are MANY other aspects to IMAC that one cannot overlook..... Helping each other at the field and also at contests to excell, working with other pilots who may have had a mis-hap during competition to ready the damaged aircraft for the next round, Saturday night barbecue (or meeting for dinner), preparation for the Unknowns, culturing many friendships that were born at events.....and I could go on and on.....

We do hope you will think about the many pluses and not let a simple rule foggy up the windscreen.
Best regards,
Wayne

M

Matt

I just see no harm in remaining inverted between sequences it is not specificly called out... I would invite you to a north east contest to see the fun we have... There are many rules yes... I truly love iMac, I came from pattern or f3a where I spent most of my life and left because of stupid rules that just kept emilinating fun... It is the fact that iMac is turning into pattern... Look at the turn out in the nats that should say something right there... It's not moving in the correct direction... I joined iMac because of the "scale" aspect of it.. But come to find out the airplanes that are flying are NOT scale and this is just f3a with airplanes that have scale names... It's sad but I will fly the north east contests because they are family and we have a great time despite the rules...

I can assure you if you came to a north east contest, you would have the time of your life and at the same time DQ everyone for something... We did a "test" of the judges at one contest and it made a joke of the judging school... I will not say anymore here but if you wish to continue offline in a private fourm my email is M.Carruthers@icloud.com. I encourage you to email me but it's okay if you don't

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Matt's having a bad day at work.....if he quits IMAC I will personally fly a drone up his arse!!!

Matt....not sure if you've ever met Wayne, but he is (OK, call me a suck-up) one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. His intent here is to make sure that the rules are quoted and explained properly. I don't have any issues with that...or having to do a 1 of 2 after the sequence and before starting. Sure beats the 0 of 8!

Personally, that little "test" was more of a challenge for the judges to have the discipline to call a zero when a subtle mistake (that made the figure a zero) was flown. I don't really think it was a reflection on the judging schools and I do believe that those judges learned a bit from it.

yeah maybe it was a bad day at work... i am sure that @Silver Fox is a great guy and he has done a fantastic job with IMAC and i love it so very much. i just would hate to see the scale aspect of iMac disappear and it is leaving a sour taste in my mouth... yes a truly scale airplane doesn't fly fantastic but that is part of the challenge... tailoring this airplanes to have zero coupling and needing no mixes is just turning them into oversize pattern airplanes and that kills me... yes the dalton MEL flies amazing but it should, it doesn't even look like an extra.. sorry it has been a rough day and seeing this gave me an opportunity to vent a bit... i love iMac and what its roots are, weather i agree with what it has become, well that is my issue. i just can't wait to whoop someones ass with a true 10% TOC airplane this year sorry if you felt attacked wayne just had some stuff bottled up that had to come out...

@Pistolera as for you, once i am allowed to fly somewhere... if we are every allowed to fly, i am going to practice my butt off to come for you! :)