• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC practice tips for new pilots.

Nice work ! Post that in the " trophy showcase" in thr IMAC forum also.

Stuff happens, I screwed the unknown last weekend changing rates instead of expo right before the round, stupid mistake, save changing ANYTHING about your set up in practice and not at competition.
Yep, you learned the hard way LOL! Don't feel bad almost everyone learns that way but they always remember it!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Ditto....run with what ya brung! About the only change you want to make at a contest is a click or 2 of trim. If it needs more than that, stop and investigate. At least ya didn't damage the plane....good news! :cheers:

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
It changed a usually sweet point rolls into a barrel rolls and things i dont have words for and made everything else wobbly. i should have landed and claimed mechanical but theres no such things as mulligans in imac,, especially on the unknown . Dropped me from a solid second to dead last, ah well lesson learned and learned the hard way ! Thats why I post the " dumb spells " here, so others might not make them.

IMAC FANATIC

Last event at Bakersfield I climbed from 7th to 2nd with a flawless unknown, this/last weekend was total opposite finish LoL

And 100% right, at least zero damage to plane. Made for peculiar landing approach though !
agree-to-disagree-smiley-emoticon.gif
:eek:

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2
Watch "IMAC Intro- 2014 Basic live, watch in HD (full ve…" on YouTube
IMAC Intro- 2014 Basic live, watch in HD (full ve…:

Not a bad video but.. a hammerhead is not a turn around manouver and he didnt call " out of the box" , which could zero your round or at mininum your last score. Other than that pretty informative.

Very Nicely put

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2
There aren't any IMAC competition in this India (Which Christopher failed to find), i have been flying Aresti sequences for a while now (mixing with my own manoeuvres). When i came across IMAC sheets did fly them too, prolly I am the only one seriously flying IMAC sequences in India, have travelled length and breadth of the country and met many if not most Aeromodellors, I find none of them fly Aresti sequences. With that as the backdrop (and some 3500 hrs of combat flying exp :) )

My 2C for whatever its worth are :-

1. Subtle rudder correction is something I avoid on the up / down line, however subtle, the moment to touch that rudder esp on the upline, it is visible.

2. My baseline alignment and correction for direction happens when i am vertically down (sometimes up) in real flying it is called the Aileron turn ( i haven't heard this term in RC flying)

3. I exit the mano with crab required for the prevailing winds.

PS
Tried my hand on flying with Gyro, man !! the worst flight ever!!!, threw that shite out that very day

Presently practising with a 57" Katana MX without the SFG (that one you see is a VG) from Precision Aerobatics and JR 14E Tray Radio (Yeah ! i use it to rest my beer once i a while :) )

KMX 3.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

Hopefully your passion for IMAC and flying the paern will rub off on some people eventually and you can start an imac program there one day , maybe start with an E-MAC fun day, just to generate a little interest, keep at it, sounds loke you have the right style for itn

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I have a question. Does anybody use a simulator to practice in bad weather? I bought Phoenix and it's ok. I get disoriented because I can't see the ground during the up line turn-arounds etc. If I turn on keep the ground in sight, the plane gets really small really fast. Kind of frustrating.