• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC learning and support using flight videos

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
For iPhone users (there is also an Android app). IMAC Pro has been updated to include 2014 Known sequences. I would highly recommend this app. Check it out.

3dNater

I am using the app every day. I bought it last year. Very nice and well worth the dollar I think I paid through google play store.

3dNater

I just finished writing sportsmen and intermediate in what I need for practice, call it reading IMAC for dummies (aka me) I will do basic, and advanced, type them up and post soon.

Guess I'll have to get the old computer out and set up my old sim, after watching Nate, I want to practice.

I'm looking forward to seeing some other peoples vids. I am learning a lot from the feedback I got on mine. I could already put a much better one together but I promised myself I would wait at least a week between them. I just wish I had more time to practice!

3dbandit

100cc
Here is my write-up for The 2013 basic IMAC sequence:

Aileron Roll

Humpty Bump, Pull to vertical upline, Pull half loop over top to vertical down line, Center half roll, Pull to upright exit,.

Reverse Teardrop, Pull to a forty-five upline, Pull a five-eighths loop around to a vertical downline, Pull to an upright exit.

Reverse Sharks Tooth, Pull to a forty-five upline, Center half roll to inverted, Pull to vertical downline, Pull to upright exit.

Inside Loop, Pull inside loop back around to level.

Hammer Head, (stall turn) Pull to a vertical upline, Hammer Top, Establish vertical downline, Pull to upright exit.

Half Cuban Eight, Pull five-eighths loop around to an inverted forty‐five down line, Center half roll to upright, Pull to upright exit.

Sharks Tooth, Pull to a vertical upline, Pull to inverted forty-five down line, Center half roll to upright, Pull to upright exit.

Immelmann, Pull half inside loop, with a half roll on exit, Exiting upright.

Two Turn Positive Spin, Wait for the stall then do two full spins, Establish a vertical downline, Pull to an upright exit(remember to draw a line after the maneuver before exiting the box).

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

Here is my write-up for The 2013 basic IMAC sequence:

Aileron Roll

Humpty Bump, Pull to vertical upline, Pull half loop over top to vertical down line, Center half roll, Pull to upright exit,.

Reverse Teardrop, Pull to a forty-five upline, Pull a five-eighths loop around to a vertical downline, Pull to an upright exit.

Reverse Sharks Tooth, Pull to a forty-five upline, Center half roll to inverted, Pull to vertical downline, Pull to upright exit.

Inside Loop, Pull inside loop back around to level.

Hammer Head, (stall turn) Pull to a vertical upline, Hammer Top, Establish vertical downline, Pull to upright exit.

Half Cuban Eight, Pull five-eighths loop around to an inverted forty‐five down line, Center half roll to upright, Pull to upright exit.

Sharks Tooth, Pull to a vertical upline, Pull to inverted forty-five down line, Center half roll to upright, Pull to upright exit.

Immelmann, Pull half inside loop, with a half roll on exit, Exiting upright.

Two Turn Positive Spin, Wait for the stall then do two full spins, Establish a vertical downline, Pull to an upright exit(remember to draw a line after the maneuver before exiting the box).

Great! This is what Bill does with the iMac pro under caller mode- "description". A great tool for a caller unfamiliar with the maneuvers and a new pilot to iMac.

I was thinking that doing a video showing some typical errors that cause point deductions might be helpful. That as well as one about wind correction. I could pick a windy day and do it with my TH crack yak to really show the drift and keep it in close. I don't have zoom capability w my hat cam.

njswede

150cc
Subscribing to this thread. I talked to my friend Tim (AeroheadTW) yesterday and we decided to try to learn at least the basic pattern next season. I don't think I'll be flying any big IMAC competitions, but I do believe it would help me fly a bit more controlled instead of just banging the sticks with reckless abandon...

dth7

Subscribing to this thread. I talked to my friend Tim (AeroheadTW) yesterday and we decided to try to learn at least the basic pattern next season. I don't think I'll be flying any big IMAC competitions, but I do believe it would help me fly a bit more controlled instead of just banging the sticks with reckless abandon...

Absolutely Swede. You will be impressed at first how difficult it is to perfect a "planned" flight that requires precise maneuvers at a certain place and time. Also you'll begin to appreciate wind correction a whole lot more. The competition is icing if you can get to one but the practice is really what will help. Post here and we can critique one another (just like IMAC) if you can compete, just to keep you on track.
The competition showed me two things, the IMAC community wants to help you be better and that it really doesn't matter what you fly. Bigger and more expensive is easier but doesn't necessarily mean a better pilot!
Good luck with it and post often with any questions, comments and vids. This thread is developing nicely. Thanks again Snowdog for "launching" it.
*note for new comers* judging is taught at seminars in the different regions in Spring. However, there are great resources at the iMac site under the training tab-
http://www.mini-iac.com/Training/tabid/121/Default.aspx
Also the IMAC Pro app for iPhone and Android has a tone of bang for the buck right at the tip of your finger!

dth7

Judging clarification- I said earlier that judging begins when you state "entering the box". There was a change in the rules a while back and now your sequence judging begins after you are "entering the box" AND the aircraft attitude changes for the first maneuver. During the sequence you are judged one plane length before til one plane length after each maneuver until "leaving the box". The iMac training page has a great tutorial based on last years basic sequence.