• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC learning and support using flight videos

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Boy, I just noticed that Utah only has 5 registered IMAC members. No wonder I don't hear that much about it ;) I could probably make arrangements to attend some events in Las Vegas this next year. My professional endeavors may prohibit me from seriously competing any time soon since the season ends during our most busy season and work always comes before play :(

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Boy, I just noticed that Utah only has 5 registered IMAC members. No wonder I don't hear that much about it ;) I could probably make arrangements to attend some events in Las Vegas this next year. My professional endeavors may prohibit me from seriously competing any time soon since the season ends during our most busy season and work always comes before play :(

I'm in the same boat. Not much around unless you really travel. But practicing it makes everything else better, 3D is easy compared to IMAC because there is no lines and a box oh and rules. I will preach this til the end lol

3dNater

I'll post another video in a week or so to show my progress. Once you guys say I could get a good score I'll try sportsman. haha it might take a year!

btw... I would encourage other folks to do this as well. Would anyone want to take on the roll of coach via pm? Then maybe I wouldn't have to drag the whole group through watching my vids lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

I'll post another video in a week or so to show my progress. Once you guys say I could get a good score I'll try sportsman. haha it might take a year!

btw... I would encourage other folks to do this as well. Would anyone want to take on the roll of coach via pm? Then maybe I wouldn't have to drag the whole group through watching my vids lol.

nate, watching other peoples vids and hearing about how they would be judged is the whole point of this thread!

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I just finished writing sportsmen and intermediate in what I need for practice, call it reading IMAC for dummies (aka me) I will do basic, and advanced, type them up and post soon.

Guess I'll have to get the old computer out and set up my old sim, after watching Nate, I want to practice.

dth7

I'm in the same boat. Not much around unless you really travel. But practicing it makes everything else better, 3D is easy compared to IMAC because there is no lines and a box oh and rules. I will preach this til the end lol

Guys, I think this is what Snowdog was thinking when he started this thread. Great discussions so far.
To see what happens when you blend IMAC, Pattern and 3D flying I would offer watching a few videos of my friend Cody Wojcik. IMHO I feel he puts his precision background together beautifully with an uncanny 3 D ability and creativity. For Cody 3 D most certainly has lines and he/ we have been kicking around how to do a judged 3 D comp. where maneuvers would be "required" similar to a sequence. From Cody's foamies to 60" planes to giants at Unlimited IMAC and Freestyle you can tell he has a background in precision flying.
Yes, he is my motivation for getting better and more precise. Look him up on you tube. I'll go fetch an EF 60 Laser vid he did recently that shows my point.

http://www.3drcforums.com/showpost.php?p=49250

I just call Cody's videos "something to shoot for!"
Also shows that a 60" electric is fine for a first go at Basic. Even smaller will work but you want to have enough battery to get through 2 sequences per round, about 3:30 per sequence. My 6s3300 will give about 7:30 - 8:00 flying iMac maneuvers.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Guys, I think this is what Snowdog was thinking when he started this thread. Great discussions so far.
To see what happens when you blend IMAC, Pattern and 3D flying I would offer watching a few videos of my friend Cody Wojcik. IMHO I feel he puts his precision background together beautifully with an uncanny 3 D ability and creativity. For Cody 3 D most certainly has lines and he/ we have been kicking around how to do a judged 3 D comp. where maneuvers would be "required" similar to a sequence. From Cody's foamies to 60" planes to giants at Unlimited IMAC and Freestyle you can tell he has a background in precision flying.
Yes, he is my motivation for getting better and more precise. Look him up on you tube. I'll go fetch an EF 60 Laser vid he did recently that shows my point.

http://www.3drcforums.com/showpost.php?p=49250

I just call Cody's videos "something to shoot for!"
Also shows that a 60" electric is fine for a first go at Basic. Even smaller will work but you want to have enough battery to get through 2 sequences per round, about 3:30 per sequence. My 6s3300 will give about 7:30 - 8:00 flying iMac maneuvers.

I haven't seen the Laser but I know the 60" Extra is on rails and would be great to practice all sequences.

I have basic through advanced all writen in "Dummy Form" for myself. If anyone is looking for one of those to be posted, let me know and I will type it up. Makes it easy for practice so your caller can just talk you through it.

dth7

I haven't seen the Laser but I know the 60" Extra is on rails and would be great to practice all sequences.

I have basic through advanced all writen in "Dummy Form" for myself. If anyone is looking for one of those to be posted, let me know and I will type it up. Makes it easy for practice so your caller can just talk you through it.

That would be nice to see. I'm curious what your "dummy form" is. Since I know the maneuvers I just write them out for a caller who isn't familiar. Others prefer the call to be each part of the maneuver. For more complex moves this is helpful. For instance- 2014 Basic no 2- "Shark Tooth" or "pull to vertical upline pull to 45 down line, 1/2 roll 45 down line pull to level"

dth7

I haven't seen the Laser but I know the 60" Extra is on rails and would be great to practice all sequences. "

The laser is best of all the EF 60s put together IMO. I have to rebuild my Extra but its going to be a tough choice between that and the Laser.