Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I have the power! ...or do I?

Discussion in 'IMAC>>>Aircraft, Techniques, Equipment, etc.' started by fencelake, Dec 15, 2014.

1. fencelake

fencelake 70cc twin V2

Yea, you can change the voltage to 6.5. You're right man... These servos have a ton of torque, and I really only do IMAC style flying. Occasionally I'll do my special trick the "Scrambler" which is just some crazy snap rolls mixed with a flat spin over and over or something... hahaha!

2. fencelake

fencelake 70cc twin V2

That's some great flying!

3. Cool so your going to have mechanical torque as well!

4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Your setup will be pretty much bullet proof with what you're doing. The 7954's will be more than enough regulated. 333 oz. each @ 6.0 volt. Over 660 ounces on each aileron is plenty. I use 2 on each aileron on my SD 260. Never had any issues with any of the serovs. Plus, since you are using the EQ-6 and Relion 5200's, you will have enough to fly an entire weekend.

5. fencelake

fencelake 70cc twin V2

Awesome! Bulletproof is what I'm going for!

6. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

As most everyone has discovered, simple and sparse...(so to speak) is the way to go. Less to fail, less to maintain, less to worry about. Logical.

fencelake likes this.
  7. Robbins

Robbins Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)

Be sure to get good aluminum servo arms like those from SWB Mfg.

Did you mention you were going to use the 8711 on your rudder?

8. fencelake

fencelake 70cc twin V2

Yea, I'm going to order the same arms that are on there now. I think they're SWB.

When I bought the plane it came with a JR 8711 installed with the pull-pull system. Had I built the plane new I was going to use 2 servos with direct arms... which I could still do because the PAU has the spots already cut, but I haven't decided... I don't do 3D only IMAC, and I don't mind pull-pull

9. Robbins

Robbins Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)

8711's are a great servo. I ran mine off lipos :)
    If they bounce around center alot do the fuzzy velcro mod.

stangflyer likes this.
  10. fencelake

fencelake 70cc twin V2

What's the fuzzy Velcro mod?