• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I have the power! ...or do I?

fencelake

70cc twin V2
I gotcha. Cool! thanks for your help. It seems like the Fromecos are the way to go, and I looked up the IBEC so maybe I'll do that too!

Patroller

70cc twin V2
The power safe rx's with 3 sats are what I would recommend. Add two 3900 mah 2s lipo batteries and the Tech Aero IBEC for your ignition. Also if you are buying servos make sure all of them are HV. You might as well at this point. More torque, better speed, and simply.....better.

fencelake

70cc twin V2
Okay. One of my buddies mentioned that too... I may go that route. I know the ignitions don't use a lot of voltage...

fencelake

70cc twin V2
The power safe rx's with 3 sats are what I would recommend. Add two 3900 mah 2s lipo batteries and the Tech Aero IBEC for your ignition. Also if you are buying servos make sure all of them are HV. You might as well at this point. More torque, better speed, and simply.....better.

Okay... All I'm lacking are the aileron servos. I need 4. I have the Futabas in the elevators and then that single JR rudder servo... but if I go to 2 I'll put in the same as the ailerons.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
You don't need HV for the ignitions. In fact most are not designed to take it. The HV is for the servos and the extra amount of power that's needed on the control surfaces of 3D planes this big.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Okay... All I'm lacking are the aileron servos. I need 4. I have the Futabas in the elevators and then that single JR rudder servo... but if I go to 2 I'll put in the same as the ailerons.
consider either the Hitec 7955 or one of the Savox servos in this range.

fencelake

70cc twin V2
So, for example on the AR9110 PowerSafe, it has battery leads... but I already have the Smartfly system... so wouldn't that be redundant? What about the AR9020 which is full range with 2 sats? I already have an AR8000 too, which has never been opened.