• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I have the power! ...or do I?

What's the fuzzy Velcro mod?
8711's are known to have some jitter at center on the rudder (ive seen many brands do this though), to correct this a small piece of soft side Velcro on the counter balance will offer a very small amount of resistance and the servo will not keep trying to find center in the gear lash. Other surfaces do not have this affect since gravity keeps load on the servo. I have a JR 8711 on my rudder for my 35%er that is probably over 5 years old now. Great servo and the Velcro works great.

fencelake

70cc twin V2
8711's are known to have some jitter at center on the rudder (ive seen many brands do this though), to correct this a small piece of soft side Velcro on the counter balance will offer a very small amount of resistance and the servo will not keep trying to find center in the gear lash. Other surfaces do not have this affect since gravity keeps load on the servo. I have a JR 8711 on my rudder for my 35%er that is probably over 5 years old now. Great servo and the Velcro works great.

Okay... cool. I guess I'll preemptively put a little piece on so this doesn't happen. thanks for the heads up!

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Won't write much, the EQ6 will give you more than enough power to the servos you're using.
2x4000 mAh batts are more than enough as well.
The servos you're using are very powerful to this set up even with the 6.5 the EQ is giving you.

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
Won't write much, the EQ6 will give you more than enough power to the servos you're using.
2x4000 mAh batts are more than enough as well.
The servos you're using are very powerful to this set up even with the 6.5 the EQ is giving you.

yep i agree. if you got it and it will work use it

down the line you can always upgrade your radio and servos etc. Just make sure you have safe fun and fly as well and hard as you can!